32~ Xavier Russo

Just as Bella dropped me in the hospital, her dad had me picked up by his goons, because he apparently 'wanted to talk'.

Walking inside Bella's house I realised how different the worlds we both live in are. Pushing that thought to the back of my head, I followed the goon that brought me here, to a room with a desk in the far end. It looked like an office of sorts.

"So you're the boyfriend huh?", I turned around to see the Mayor enter the room.

"Take a seat Mr Russo", He directed me to sit in a chair adjacent to his at the desk

"Let's get to the chase, shall we? Do you really care about my daughter?", The Mayor was in dad mode

"I do", I expressed honestly

"When Natalie asked me to bail you out of jail, I thought she found herself another douchebag. But...I know my daughter and I know for her to care about something this much, a guy specially, there must be something about you", The Mayor paused for dramatic effect before continuing, "I did a background check on you, to see why you did, what you did. And I found out about your sister"

My fists clenched angrily at the mention of him digging up information on Cheriè but before I could retaliate, he spoke up again.

"And I also know that Natalie payed for her upcoming surgery. Now I know my daughter...I know for a fact that she's not a person that sympathises with anyone for the life of her and I can already see the impact you have on her. I know she cares for you deeply and from the information I gathered I know you don't digest well the fact that she payed for the surgery, do you?"

"No. I intend to pay her back somehow"

"I knew that would be your answer! So I have a proposal for you..."

"A proposal?"

"I did a very thorough background research on you Mr Russo...and it didn't fail to inform me of your excellent fighting capabilities. But, I do not intend to keep fishing you out of jail as you keep fighting to pay off your debt to my daughter. So I propose you become her bodyguard and from the salary I pay you, you can pay her back. What do you say?"

"I don't intend to keep my girlfriend safe for money Mr White, I'd do it free. Also about paying Bella back, I'll do it my way and I don't intend for the father of my girlfriend to bail me out of jail again."

"I approve"

"What?"

"I approve of this relationship. You seem like the perfect half for my daughter and therefore I hope for your sake you don't break her or there'll be dire consequences to pay for. Understood?"

"Yes"

"So will you be her personal security?"

"I will, but don't expect me to be taking a pay for it"

"Noted. You're dismissed"

I stood up and left the room to see Bella walk out of another room, shell shocked to see me standing here.

"Uh... how long was I in there for?", Bella blinked cutely in confusion

I chuckled before replying,
"Right as you soon as you dropped me in the hospital, the Mayor had men there waiting to bring me here"

"What the- Why on earth would dad need to bring you here?"

"So that he could confront this unprofessional boxer boyfriend of yours and give him a job", The Mayor butted in as he walked out of his office

"A WHAT!?", Bella looked angry and confused

"Say hello to your new bodyguard", I winked at her trying to ease the mood.