25~ Natalie White

I was so pissed at Brian for disturbing me that I made him run behind my car as the other goon drove the black SUV they came in. I kept glancing in the rearview mirror to make sure he was keeping up and not hiking a ride with the goon.

By the time we reached home needless to say Brian needed a shot of IV or glucose. As I waltzed inside the house, I saw Martha out of my clothes and in another maid's outfit, vacuuming the living room.

"How long were you able to keep up the disguse?", I halted beside her and questioned.

"Till it was time for lunch and they asked if they could come in", She meekly replied.

"Let me guess you replied with a 'please' in the sentence, didn't you?", I arched an eyebrow at her while she just nodded.

Stupid.

"Is dad in the office?", I looked towards dad's door

"No Miss he stepped out for a minute", I nodded in acknowledgement before walking in to the office.

Loitering inside, I took a close look at the documents on dad's desk, most had to do with the upcoming elections and new proposed building plans of the town. But what caught my attention was the unaddressed yet opened black envelope sitting on the desk

Seating my self on dad's chair I grabbed the peculiar envelope and pulled out the red letter inside.

"It's that time of the year again White. Elections...Who is it this time? What will your sacrifice be? Your other daughter or power? Can't wait to see you make the same mistake twice.  Await me old friend"

My blood ran cold as I let the letter fall on the desk. You don't need to see Hawthorn written in big bold letters to know who this was from. So this is why the sudden increase of security...as if that could stop Hawthorn. The fucker has a way with getting what he wants, except for the position he's been after for so many years.

"Princess! What are you doing there?", Dad entered the office.

"Oh nothing. I'm just scanning through the upcoming business proposals and threats from Hawthorn."

"Hm- What!", Dad took a minute to comprehend the last part of my sentence.

"How long were you planning on keeping the fact that Hawthorn threatened you with my life from me?", I stood up from his desk and walked towards him.

"Don't be stupid Natalie. I called you in to tell you about it, so you could understand why I insist on you having security around. Don't sneak out like that again unless you want me to ground you", Dad spoke with full authority making me gulp.

"Yes dad I understand but I can't really have security when I'm with my boyfriend!", I tried reasoning with him.

"What boyfriend? I thought you dumped the abuser!"

"I did! He's someone else"

"This fast?"

"Gee dad don't make me sound like a whore"

"Sweetheart I don't care about your dating history and what not but your little boyfriend can't protect you! So you must have security around even if it's embarrassing"

"He's a boxer daddy"

"A what?"

"A boxer...a person who punches another person for a living?"

"How old is this boyfriend of yours again?"

"Nineteen"

"And you're telling me he's a professional boxer at the age of nineteen?"