Chapter 10

The cobblestone street were filled with townhouses. I'd seen similar ones in Rithhold but these were magnificent.

Being a princess I wasn't a stranger to lavish things and lifestyles, however it seemed to snag my attention more in this world. It was ,well, different. I guess that could be expected. This wasn't my home.

"Come on star, I plan to give you the grand tour,"

"Impress me lover boy," I said wistfully and linked my arm through his.

We walked through the streets I took in more and more of my surroundings. Round every bend was a new sight to behold. The streets were filled with people going round their day to day business, they looked happy. The Children playing causing laughter to fill the air with a buzz.

"Your home reminds me of mine," I told Eli.

"Tell me of your home," I felt his eyes on me and I started to speak.

"Well, Terrasen is a large territory and we have a large population but every time I visit our people they are happy, frowns are only ever a temporary problem. Mother cares for all of her subjects fiercely. She fought for them before I was born and she still fights for them now. They all adore her and my father. Because of this they all take great pride in their home and we all work together to make it the best place it can be. Neighbours help each other in times of need like they are caring for their own families. Of course there are still minor issues. No where is truly perfect but i feel like Terrasen is as close as it can get. There are theatres and galleries and libraries, our very own state of the art medical school that healers travel from far and wide to attend. It's always full of colours and vibrancy and I'm so very grateful for every bit of it!" I finished my rant and looked back at Eli, he was staring at me and I couldn't read his expression. It wasn't a bad look but it made my stomach tighten none the less.

I felt my cheeks go red
"Sorry, I got a bit carried away,"

"No, no don't apologise, it sounds beautiful, maybe one day I will be lucky enough to get sucked into your wold?" He joked.

"I mean for all of the places I could've been taken too this isn't too ba-" my speech came to a halt.

This must be the rainbow of Velaris. It was painted as such. Each building, shop and restaurant donned a different colour.

Performers lined the streets dresses in extravagant costumes hoping for spare change to be tossed into their coin purse.

Shops that supplied paint and artwork itself had window displays that caught the eye.

The people here were of all shapes colours and sizes and they all looked so happy as they wandered around. Creatives could be picked out of the crowds by their eccentric clothes or the occasional splash of paint making them even more interesting. I wandered what they were working on right now.

A deep rumble of laughter broke my trance and Eli took my hand and led me into a shop painted a beautiful shade of blue.

As soon as I past the entryway into the shop my breath caught. The shop was a gallery. Every wall was filled full of beautiful paintings. I decided I could die there and be content. I looked all around myself, seeing which pieces caught my eye. I could truly stay here for hours picking apart each brushstroke and what it meant, what the artist was trying to say with it. Ugh I was truly in heaven

"Oh Eli its all so beautiful," I beamed at him

He smirked back at me. "I will be sure to tell my mom,"

The comment at first flew past me and I went back to staring at the pictures surrounding me but then it struck me.

"Wait, the artist, all these paintings, the ones back in the house? That was your mom?"