Chapter 17

We landed at the townhouse and slowly went our separate ways. I'd spent the rest of the daylight moping around my room in my very own a shallow pit of self misery. Still soaking in a bath that had gone cold long ago I finally snapped at myself. What was I doing.
I pushed myself out of the cold water and dried myself off, pulled on the first item of clothing I could find and marched out of my room right up to Eli's door. I knocked once, twice. The door swung open and Eli's puzzled expression met me on the other side. I pushed past him and picked up a shirt off his floor and threw it at him. From the state of his room it looked like he'd been having a pity party of his own.

"Hello?"

"Get dressed loverboy,"

"What why?"

"You, my friend are coming with me to get into some trouble,"

He just stood and stared at me like I'd grown another head.

I let out an exasperated groan, "come on! Don't make me beg,"

His dimples appeared as he let out a raspy laugh
"Well if your offering,"

I threw some trousers at his head.

I suppressed a giggle as they hit him smack in the face.

"Hallway, 2 minutes. Let's go and have some fun."

With a wink I stepped back out into the corridor and Eli appeared before me fully dressed.

He flashed me a cheeky grin and lowered himself into an exaggerated bow "Where to my lady?"

I took on his mocking tone "Well fine sir, let me think... Take me to the finest tavern in all of Velaris!"

He looked up from his bow "your wish is my command,"

Gracefully he reached up and offered his hand to me
"If you would be so kind,"

I slipped my palm into his to which he planted a quick kiss. As soon as his lips left the back of my hand we were swallowed into darkness that soon dissipated back into light. Street light. The yellow hue bounced off the cobblestone pavement. The smell of ale surrounded us. I let my sense guide me to it's source. A tavern it definitely was. The best one in Velaris? I wasn't so sure. I looked up at Eli and smiled, I tugged on his hand and pulled him towards the entrance and into the crowded bar.

There were faeries of all kinds packed Into the room. I studied the room in search for a table. With no luck I felt my shoulders lowering in disappointment. Before they could fully drop Eli was leading us to the corner of the tavern where a small round table with 2 chairs was nestled. With not a drop of liquor inside me I still managed to feel giddy, the excitement was getting to me. I plonked myself down on the stool and looked around the room once more. Eli said something about going to get us drinks and I let him disappear whilst I was lost in my own thoughts.

Two mugs of ale sloshed down onto the table and Eli sat down next to me.

"Penny for your thoughts star?"

I looked over at him and grinned. I pointed at a male sat on the other side of the bar. He looked bloody miserable.

"That man over there, what do you think brings him here on this fine evening?"

"I would say I'm not a mind reader but we both know that would be a false statement,"

I giggled "okay no tell me why, but no cheating!"