Chaper 4

He was truly beautiful. The most beautiful male I had ever seen.

Those eyes. He looked at me as he could see right through to my core.
No one ever looked at me the way he was, I liked it.

His hair was as black as the night sky above us.
He was tall, I would say about 6 foot 3, I had to look up at him when he spoke.

His shoulders were broad making him look even larger. He had those wings that the other males had but his were bigger, much bigger, in height and width, it was impressive. His muscular arms were covered in intricate markings I wondered if his tattoos had the same meaning as mine.

I didn't know what it was about him but he made me feel safe. Maybe it was because he reminded me of cadre all big and muscular with the same expression that promised trouble. Or most likely it was because he had just saved my ass.

He smiled at me.

"Now is that any way to treat your saviour," his tone was dripping in sarcasm as he stared at my sword and back up at me.

I did not drop my arm.

"I would've had it covered, really all you did was ruin my fun, " I said dismissively

His smile grew

"The wound on your leg that's currently gushing blood kind of leads me to the idea that a fight against 3 trained warriors wouldn't of been fun,"

I raised my eyebrows
"You underestimate me, I've faced worse odds"

We stared at eachother.

"Does this mean I'm not going to get a Thankyou?" He asked.

"You know I don't think you will," I said a smile tugging on my lips.

He looked around
"Now what are we going to do with you," he paused eyes locking onto mine once more, "I dont even know your name your name?"

For a second I gave him no response, toying with the idea of revealing myself to him. I relented, he had saved me after all, I could play nice.

"Evalin, but you can call me Evie," I replied with a wink.

His smile widened.

"Well Evie, I'm Elias.. but you can call me Eli," he winked back at me and I laughed. He looked stupidly impressed with himself. "Now drop your sword Evie, if I was going to hurt you I would've tried it by now. Follow me," when I didn't drop my weapon he gave me a knowing look, "I should be more worried about you,"

I huffed out a laugh.
"Following a stranger and not knowing where I'm going doesn't seem like a good idea," I didn't reply to the last part of his sentence. He clearly wasn't underestimating me. I didn't know to be annoyed that I lost that advantage or flattered.

"Well do you know where you are now?" He asked eyebrow raised.

"Well not exactly," I replied quietly

"See it's no worse than the situation you are in now, but at least if you come with me you won't know where you are, but you will have a godlike male at your side,"

I stopped, that sounded like what I had thought earlier... could he hear what I was thinking?

No, that would be impossible.

He cleared his throat, I could see the smile tugging at his lips.
"I wouldn't really use the word impossible."

My eyes widened.
Shit.shit shit

He laughed even louder

"Cut it out."

"Okay" he reasoned "I promise I won't read your thoughts, you just have to promise not to yell them at me,"

"Deal," I said quickly and hurried to catch up his long strides.

"Remind me why I'm following you," I asked

"Because I'm going to patch up your leg and in return your going to answer my questions," he replied

"If you can read minds, why not just find out that way, it would be quicker?" He snorted.

"And break our deal? Plus why would I want this to be over quickly? I pride myself on my pick up lines and who better to practice them on but a beautiful mysterious girl I just saved in the forest,"

I rolled my eyes "lead the way lover boy,"

"Say no more," he laughed and pulled me into him

"Hold on," he whispered into my ear.

"Wait wh-!" My sentence ended in a scream as we shot off into the night sky.