Chapter 11

I woke in a flash. Sitting bolt upright, I looked around the room.

The memory of flying back to the townhouse with Eli resurfaced and I felt my posture relax. The nervous feeling that gripped my stomach was replaced with butterflies?

The day we had spent together was great. It was more than great but I couldn't let a boy cloud my vision from my main goal.

Getting home.

I remembered back to what Rhys said. Meeting tomorrow about what's happened and what's going to happen.

I was going to go home.
I couldn't fail.

I tried to roll over and the groaning of my fighting leathers stopped me. I got up and peeled them off me. I grabbed the first piece of clothing I could see, sank back into bed and willed my thoughts to stop racing so I could slip back to sleep. I needed to be ready for tomorrow. Ready for what it was going to take to complete my mission.

Sunlight danced across my face coaxing my eyes open. I rolled out of bed and pulled the curtains open. The sight of Velaris had my legs moving out of my room and into the corridor, I had a meeting to get to. I started to walk towards the dining room when I heard a pointed cough in my direction. I turned around to see a beautiful blonde woman smiling down at me.

"Umm hi," I said and smiled awkwardly. "I'm Eva.... Eli's friend,"

"I'm sure you are," the smile never leaving her face.

She walked past me, heading towards the dining room, when I moved to follow her she spoke again not even looking back, her voice lit with amusement.

"Just a word of advice, girl to girl, maybe have a quick look in the mirror before you come downstairs,"

I stopped walking. I went to reply but she was already out of sight.

I headed back inside my room. What was wrong?

I looked into the big floor length mirror and my cheeks heated instantly.

My hair was wild, sticking up and scruffy.

I looked at my face and it looked like I hadn't slept at all.

I was dressed in an oversized shirt. But not any shirt. When I looked closer it was one nearly identical Eli was wearing yesterday. It was his.

And that blonde lady had basically caught me walking out of his room.

That explained the amusement on her face.

Ugghhhhhhhhhh.

I was brushing my mane back into submission when I heard Eli's voice in my head.

'Breakfast in 5 there's some fresh clothes in the drawer - oh and by the way did you meet Mor she gave me a weird look'

'Oh Umm yeah I saw her in the corridor, that was all'

'Oh, okay, sure' I could hear the smile in his voice.

It had me hurrying to get dressed and get downstairs. The last thing I needed was Eli's whole family thinking- Well that.

I pulled on a floaty pair of blue trousers and a fitted blue corset top with gold accents. It was beautiful but I have no time to admire it as I was already late to breakfast.

I practically flew down the stairs and into the dining room. It was just Eli sat there.

"Sleep well star," he didn't look at me but a smirk still had hold of his mouth.