Chapter 49

"Get out."

The door slammed behind me and once again he smirked.

"Oh I don't know, I'm pretty comfortable here, but if you don't want to share I'm sure there's enough room on the floor to curl up."

He was being a total godsdamned bastard and then smirking like he knew nothing of it.

Oh I wanted to do so much more than rip his head off.

"Elias don't make me drag your ass out of here, you've already been beaten up once tonight. Want to make it twice?"

He didn't respond.

"You know what? Here." For the second time tonight I took off my necklace and I could see the matching glow of his under his neck.

"Take it back, I don't want it! I would rather be covered black and blue rather than have you come to my rescue!"
With my final words I threw it at him.

He sat up at that and I felt so stupidly pleased to get a rise out of him.

"Fuck you."

I choked out a laugh. One of disbelief.

"Fuck me?"

"Yeah fuck you."

He stood up, shouting with no restraint. Not anymore, any mask of cool indifference was gone.

"I made a fucking mistake and I'm fucking sorry! But a mistake that now doesn't even fucking matter because we are here arent we? Look around Star.
We. are. here.
Sure, you may of been stuck in my world for a while, but my family took you in for fucks sake! We had fun, a shitload of it. I fucking fell in love with you Star! I fell In love with you and I think... I think you fell in love with me too! So are you really telling me that this all matters, really? I'm fucking sorry that I hurt you, but if you think that even for a minute I'm sorry that I got to spend that time with you then your wrong. So fucking wrong it's laughable."

He had gotten so close without me even realising he was moving at all. I was pressed against the door, him and his anger and his words and his body keeping me from going anywhere but here. His chest was heaving but so was mine. I didn't truly understand why I was so out of breath but all I could do was try and gulp down air to even it out. It seemed like he was doing the same. Shock was written all over his face, I didn't think he had meant to say what he had, the way his mouth gaped slightly open pointed to that. Maybe he regretted it, now it was out in the open. Now that what felt like a secret was laid out for both of us to see.

I felt myself then,
more aware than I'd ever been of the fucking line.

The one I'd tiptoed across since seeing his stupidly perfect face and those violet eyes. But after what had just happened in this too cramped room, after his outburst, what he had just confessed...

I'd set the godsdammed line on fire and push myself off the edge without a second thought.

My words seemed to come out in a whisper, a delicately veiled threat.
"I should add another bruise to that collection of yours."

He was flat against me now, so close that our breath seemed to mingle.

His voice was quieter, but it hadn't lost any of its passion, it's heat.
"Then go ahead... have at me Star. I was only ever yours to break anyway."

For a second we just stared at eachother.

Then my lips crashed into his, and it truly felt like that- a crash. Like a meteor coming to it's final destination after hurtling through the sky at a million miles an hour to meet it. To meet him.
Burning and desperate and earth shattering. Every slight slant of his lips seemed to spark a nerve ending I didn't know existed until I felt like my whole body was electrified.