Chapter 39

A pretty girl stood alone on the side of a dirt tracked road, wearing a torn cape and a frown. Helpless and lost, she stood, tears flowing freely as the carriage slowed to a stop next to her.

"Are you alright mam?" The driver had a pinched expression and his nose seemed to stick high in the air. He sounded disinterested before the girl could even respond.

The curtains of the carriage snapped open and the man behind them had an expression the seemed to match the drivers. It soon smoothed out into a cruel smile when he saw the cause of his journeys disruption.

"Oh my dear! Are you okay?"

The girl sniffled, looking up through her lashes.

That seemed like all the answer he needed, the door snapped open.

"Come and sit with me sweetheart."

So the girl did. She wiped her eyes and made her way into the carriage.

There were two benches either side, with the man occupying one, the girl made her way over to the other.

A hand guided her the opposite way. It was definitely too close for comfort and if the girl could've smiled to herself she would've.

She sat up straighter next to the man. He was dressed in his finery, his one hand loitering next to his golden pocket watch, the other edging towards her.

"So tell me what was a young girl like you doing out all by herself?"

The girl went to answer but was cut short. His hand kept creeping closer

"It's not safe out there you know, a lot of horrible people would try to take advantage of you. A good job you've ended up with me."

His hand was now on her leg, making his way to the inside of her thigh. Higher and higher it went.

The girl looked at him front on and smiled. Lost was the shy and weak demeanour she had donned moments earlier.

"Oh I agree, a very good job indeed." As the last word fell of her lips she moved. Her dagger going right through his eye and into his brain. He immediately sagged down.

The man was dead and the girl didn't feel sorry at all.

She quietly opened the carriage door and dumped his body into the passing by bushes.

Satisfied with her work, she settled down onto the newly spacious bench and wiped the bloody blade onto her now discarded cloak.

Without a drop of blood covering her ballgown she finally let out the smile she had wanted to share with herself.

Staring down at her new golden pocket watch, the girl counted down the minutes until she would finally arrive at the ball.

———————————————————————————
Hey besties,

Enjoy the double update ;)

Pls don't ask me why I've written this from a diff perspective it just ~ felt right ~

Thankyou so much for all the lovely comments honestly reading them brings me so much joy I can't even begin explain it!!

The support you all have given me has just been overwhelming and I really cannot Thankyou all enough. New readers and the ones who have been here since the start, you all mean the world to me and I find it baffling you all keep coming back to read more!!

I'm so excited to start writing the next couple of chapters because in all honesty idek what's happening next. So if I'm taking forever to update know that is why!😗

Anyways, I love you all and Thankyou for listening to my rambling, 

happy reading!!!! Xxx