Chapter 12

"Hold your horses" Cassian laughed.

Arwen spoke for the first time,

"The ball is honouring Nynsar, a small spring court holiday that is celebrated all week it's 10 days from now, we will have you fully ready for then,"

Her voice matched her appearance. Powerful and wise beyond her years. I could fully see why she was a lieutenant to the night courts army at such a young age. Though uncle Aedion was commander of all of Terrasens armies he was close to being equal to his son. Aron was born for war. This girl had the same look in her eyes as he did.

I nodded at her "I appreciate it lieutenant," she gave me a mock salute.

Arwen turned to the others surrounding the table

"If that's decided family then I will be off, I need to stop a civil war from occurring, i will be back in 3 days to help prepare Eva for her mission," she hugged her mother, high fived her father, walked to the balcony and flew away.

The rest of the inner circle said their goodbyes and slowly dispersed until it was just me, Eli and his parents left.

Eli was still not happy.

"Tell her she can't do this, tell her how bad of an idea this is." I could feel his anger rippling off him like waves. This type of anger was personal.
What has the spring court done to him that caused him to react this way.

Feyre smiled at her son and then at me when she spoke there was an edge to her soft tone.

"I can spot a strong girl when I see one, though I share your worries on her safety, I will not tell Eva here, her limits and what she can and can't do. You should do well to remember the same son,"

I felt his anger decrease "I know I'm not trying to do that-"

I turned to him, and placed a hand on his cheek "then don't, help me prepare, don't be mad with your family for my sake, please?"

He finally looked up through dark lashes and sighed.

"Okay, okay fine."

Rhys clapped "there we go then problem solved! Feyre darling, we have business to attend to. Son, Eva it has been a pleasure. Elias no more moaning."

Rhys started to walk away but I ran up to Feyre before she could get too far.

"Hey Feyre, Eli showed me your art studio yesterday and I was wondering if maybe you would teach me while I'm here? I've just always wanted to-" she cut me off as she wrapped me into a big hug.

"You've just made my day you know that! Of course I will. I will speak to Eli about when is best but I simply cannot wait! Okay I best be going before I have to deal with a grumpy oversized bat but we will sort it out ASAP,"

Feyre started to jog to catch up with her mate "Thankyou!" I shouted after her.

I turned back to Eli who was looking less pissed by the minute. I decided to change the subject.

"So what are we going to do today!"

A voice sounded replied that wasn't Eli's. A voice from earlier.

"I have some plans!" I turned round to see the blonde woman, Mor, strutting up to us.

"Tell me, did Eli give you that?" She gave a pointed look to my outfit.

"Yeah he did, it's pretty don't you think?"

"Its pretty but we can do better for you," She asked

"Are you suggesting what I think your suggesting?" I gave her a conspirators grin.

"If your referring to an all day shopping marathon then I totally am!" Mor exclaimed.

"I know this may be weird as I've only just met you but I think I'm in love with you,"

"The feeling is mutual, if only the rest of the inner circle felt this way about shopping," she sighed

We both turned to Eli at the same time and saw that he was backing away. "Yeah that's good and all, you too have fun okay, I've got some stuff I need to do, have her back before dinner,"

I looked at Mor and grinned, she smiled back at me as she said "so I will just put all of our stuff on your tab okay? great! Thanks Eli." And then winnowed us away so we could only hear the start of his protests.