Chapter 31

I was soon running down the streets of the rainbow and back to the townhouse with a half finished painting under my arm. Feyre had insisted I keep it much to my dismay.

My first painting lesson had been taken over by my investigation and I'd been too distracted to even wholly focus on the true task at hand. Meaning that my night sky was looking more like a sad swirl of blues and purples with half assed stars littered all over it.

I was just a few turn away from the townhouse when Eli landed right in front of me.

I hadn't even realised how fast I was running until I crashed into his chest.

"Going somewhere Star?" Before I'd even looked up I knew he had a smug smile sitting on his pretty face.

I glared up at him but only for a second before a smile of my own broke free.

"How was the meeting loverboy?"

"I asked first," I stood, setting myself right and brushing myself off.

"Townhouse, I think. Maybe the library. To be honest I'm not sure I just knew I needed to be running. Now you go,"

He grabbed my hand and started moving again towards the townhouse, much slower this time.

"Meeting was boring, I got to throw a few punches but other than that it was just a lot of big male egos in one room."

"Oh but don't you worry loverboy I'm sure none of them were as big as yours,"

He shoved me as I giggled at my own joke.

"Hey, I was only reassuring you!"

He playfully raised his eyebrows "Do you really want to walk the 10,000 steps up to the library or do you want your very convenient set of wings here to fly you up?"

"You wouldn't dare deny me the library,"

"You think too highly of me star, I can play very dirty when I please."

"Oh I'm sure."

"What have you got there?" He asked nodding to the canvas under my arm.

I immediately tucked it behind my back and back away from him but I couldn't stop the guilty smile on my face.
"Nothing."

"Liar!"

"No it's nothing, well it's not nothing. It's nothing for your eyes."

"What are you hiding star?"

When all I could do was stay silent to try and contain my nervous giggle he winnowed behind me and plucked it right out of my hands.

"Hey!"

But he was already unrolling it and looking at my failed attempt at painting as I made an attempts to try and grab it back in time.

"Star!" He burst out laughing "I though my mom was meant to be helping you?"

I scoffed but couldn't help my own laughter, "I got distracted okay! And your mom did try to help me but I was too busy ambushing her with questions,"