Chapter 7

A hot meal sat infront of me and I could've squealed
"I could kiss you right now you know,"

He smirked, shrugging off the comment,
"If that was the reaction food was going to get I would've done that first thing when we got in,"

"How did you know! You didn't read my mind with you?"

"Know what? He asked confusion sketched across his features.

"That pasta is my favourite food of all time, well bar chocolate cake of course," I would like to say I'd never been so excited to eat before but that would be a lie.

He laughed "I didn't know before but I will keep that in mind, don't let me stop you, tuck in,"

I did. I had eaten it all in about 3 minutes flat. The knots in my stomach were replaced with the feeling of being too full and I lay back on the sofa and moaned.

Eli laughed at me again.
"No more room for chocolate cake?"

My head snapped up.
"I never said that,"

He smirked at me
"Another time star,"

I shut my eyes and rested my head back onto the sofa
"Never joke around when it comes to chocolate cake lover boy, I may not be a threat to your home now but tease me with cake again and I will become one."

A loud laugh covered the sound of my stomach gurgling.
"You know I think your the first person to threaten my home that I'm going to let get away with it,"

"I'm honoured, is there any reason for why I'm so kindly spared from your wrath,"

"Your too pretty to punch,"

My eyes opened and I looked at him
"You don't think I could hold my own against you?"I accused.

"I mean I didn't say that exactly," he laughed

I challenged him "Just you wait lover boy, me vs you in the ring, I'm going to win without a doubt."

"You sound so sure," he teased

"It's because I am." I matched his tone.

"I'm holding you to that star,"

I gave him a wink and my eyes fluttered close again. Gods was I tired. The bath had soothed my weary muscles but I could still feel them begging for rest. For sleep.

As if he listening to my thoughts Eli said
"You don't have to sleep on the sofa star,"

"Mhmm," I was too tired to even come up with an answer. I heard a creek and he rose from his chair. The next thing I knew I felt a warm blanket covering me and I finally let sleep claim me.

ELIAS POV
I needed to stop staring at her sleeping. It was weird. She was just so pretty.

She looked younger when she slept. An innocence took hold of her features that wasn't there when she was awake.

I could've gone upstairs and claimed one of the comfortable beds but it didn't feel right leaving her by herself. The idea of leaving her at all felt unnatural.

It was all weird. I felt a pull to her. This girl that I barely knew.

It was why I was sat in this uncomfortable chair trying to drift off instead of my bed.

It was why I was probably creating even more issues with the Illyrians and the night court by not showing my face at that meeting today.

But even when I thought about it. The consequences. The annoyance of my father.

I didn't care.

Because I had this feeling that this girl. Eva. Would be worth it. 

With that thought I finally found myself drifting into unconsciousness.