Chapter 27

I was practically skipping on my way back. I had a plan again. Excitement coursed through me, I couldn't go back to sleep now. I gazed up, it was a clear night, the stars seemed to smile back at me.
Eli's sleepy voice drifted into my head

'Star where are you?'

'Oh just out and about,'
I drawled back at him.

The gruff laugh that followed made me smile stupidly because I'd been the one to drag it out of him. I shook my head.

'I'm coming to find you, I won't be able to fall back asleep without your head slightly crushing my arm'

I scoffed a laughed.
'Oh, is that so? I will have you know that when i don't want to be found it's virtually impossible to locate me,'

Again, that laugh got me.

'Then don't hide,'

I felt Eli retreat from my head and I carried on walking. I stopped in the middle of the bridge going over the Sidra. I stood, bracing my arms on the metal railing. The moon bounced off the water, I stared down at the warping reflection. The once round and solid moon turned into a dancing ball of light on the waves. I stayed there until I heard footsteps behind me.

"You found me," I teased. I started to turn when a smell hit me. Blood, fresh blood.

I quickly snapped round. The sight infront of me had my blood curdling. A set of yellow and brown pointed teeth stared back at me.

"Yes, we did,"

The memory of my their claws making my flesh burn set me moving. I whipped my hand round to my hip where a blade was sheathed. He saw what I was aiming for and grabbed my wrist, locking it in place midair. Our eyes connected and his smile only grew. I took my free hand and sent it flying into his face. The distraction took his attention away from my captive arm. I took advantage, wrapping my own hand around his wrist in return. He made a grab at my free hand but I avoided his grip and put him in one of his own. I quickly twisted, tangling his arms behind him, keeping them in tight to make sure he knew exactly who he was messing with. He whimpered at the sound of his bones cracking due to the the unnatural angles I'd forced his arms into.

"Who do you work for?" I snarled in his ear.

When I got no response I pulled him down to his knees with a thud. Pulling on his arms even tighter one then made a sickening snapping noise and he flat out wailed.

"Who?" My voice was deadly.

"We will never tell you." He ground out.

We?

Clawed hands on my shoulders tried to rip me back. I let go of the grip on the first creatures arms and sent my boot flying into his back, sending him down so quickly he didn't have time to move his arms to shield his face. He went limp after his head hit the floor.

I sent an elbow flying back into my new attackers face. A crunch told me I'd landed the blow right to his nose. I turned to see blood running down his face but he still went to lunge for me. I stepped sideways out of his path to bump into another set of black eyes staring down at me in hunger. I whipped a hand down finally released my blade. Before he'd even realised what had happened I'd made a quick long slice right across his stomach. The hunger in his eyes turned to shock and then dread as he dropped to his knees. A swift punch to the face had him too, out cold. The one I had sidestepped had regained his footing and was charging for me once more. I freed a second blade hidden in the folds of my clothes. I met him head on, running forward with a vengeance. He jumped as he got nearer. Trying to take me out with the brute force of a tackle. I dropped to my knees, allowing the momentum of built up to send me flying forward. I leant back so far my head was almost touching my feet. I sailed harmlessly under his legs. When I was on the other side I took my blades and swiped across his calves. Aiming my weapons for the spot I knew he would not get up from. He screamed when he realised what I had done, he crumbled down to the floor. I quickly stood once more, flipping my blades, letting them rotate in the air and catching them. The street lamps had gone out and the only light guiding me was that of the moon. I could see figures in the dark, the moonlight bounced off their scales giving them away. 14, I counted. 14 more.

You had to be rutting kidding me.

They had 'trapped' me, coming from both sides of the bridge leaving me nowhere to run. Slowly they closed in the sides of the bridge, their long black tongues flickering like serpents.

I sighed "We'll come on then! I don't have all night."

They launched, they moved together like a pack chasing its prey. I smiled.
That was a mistake.

I pulled on the grip I had on around my powers. Fire, hot and cold. Shot at the first line of the creatures. They disintegrating into nothing.

My flames flicked for a second, I panicked. Had I used them up to quickly?

I willed my flames to last. Closed my eyes and willed with all my might.

Something sparked from deep within me. It's was like my soul was lit up by the stars and I could feel it in every nerve in my body. I didn't know what was happening. I looked down at my flames. I couldn't see them at first but I knew they were still there.

My flames were as black as night.

I felt his presence at my back.
"I'm here, I'm here star,"

Elias.

I could feel his power, all the power of the night coursing through my veins. And I was guiding it to follow my will.

I let the power snap back from my hands. Letting go of the grip I had on it completely. When I looked on either side of the bridge all was left of my attackers were piles of ash.

Two gentle hands landed on either side of my face.
"Star? Star look at me,"

My eyes snapped to his. I was too shocked to speak. To overwhelmed by my emotions, what I had just felt.

"What just happened?" His voice was so soft. Confusion shone so brightly in his eyes but he didn't rush me. He had felt what I just had. I could feel him shaking.

I couldn't seem to get out my words, I stood for a moment, disbelief still clouding over my thoughts

"You're my Carranam"

———————————————————————————

Ahhhhhh!!! I hope you guys enjoyed this badass Evie chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!! We are number 1 in throne of glass atm and I am so grateful.!! Nearly at 17k reads and on the way to 700 votes!! I'm amazed by the support for my story and I appreciate it so much!! If you are one of the people who keeps commenting just know ily with my whole heart and every time I get a notification I'm so excited to see what you guys have said!! Okay I'm gonna stop rambling peace out and happy reading xx