~ch18~ Something doesn't feel right

Killua's POV

Illumi.. No..

I could tell something was wrong the moment I met him, yet I would've never guessed it was Illumi.

My body was frozen in fear. I couldn't seem to move or speak.

Y/n POV

Gon had left shortly before Killua's match. It wasn't by choice, but after a certain amount of time, his body couldn't take the amount of damage Hanzo had done to him, so he ended up passing out. Satos carried him to another room and had someone aid his wounds. I wonder if Gon was here... would he be able to help?

Illumi stared with a blank expression, his long black hair grazing past his waist.

"I heard that you cut up Mom and Milluki."

"I guess."

The atmosphere was tense. I could tell Killua was having a hard time keeping still.

"Mom cried."

"Anyone would cry if their son did that to them." Leorio whispered to Kurapika and I.

"Tears of joy. She was so happy to see that you've grown up."

Leorio fell over completely dumbfounded.

"But she was worried that you would leave home, so she asked me to check on you. What a coincidence. I didn't know you wanted to be a Hunter. I'm trying to get a Hunter license for my next job."

The conversation went on, still, no one butted in.

"I don't really want to be a Hunter. I just felt like taking the exam."

"I see.. That's a relief."

The aura became thick and difficult to breathe in. Slight shivers crept up my spine. It felt like a chain was wrapped around my neck. I gasped slightly and began to panic. Tears welled up in my eyes. I didn't like this feeling, it felt horrible. I thought I was going to drown in this unbearableness.

My fingers twitched every few seconds. Everyone else around me seemed perfectly fine, except for Killua and I. Why was I affected as well? My vision fogged up and I started to feel light-headed. I thought I was going to black out, but a warm source grabbed onto me and pulled me out of it.

My vision was clear again, and I stopped twitching. I could breathe, and I felt calm. I slightly turned my head to see what just happened.

To my surprise (well, not really) it was Kurapika. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me and rested his head on mine. His hands were snaked between my fingers tightly. I heard him whisper to me in a small voice "It's okay, I'm here with you."

I was at ease again as a smile crept across my face.

"Thank you." I whispered back.

When I looked back to where Illumi and Killua were standing, both had managed to disappear.

He went back home already?

We were all worried, but there wasn't anything we could do about it. At least.. Not right now.

The matches continued, although Killua was disqualified. A few other people needed their one win to pass.

It was time for Kurapika's match with me. Oh god.

Kura let go of me so we both could do our match.

"Ready princess~" He mocked.

My face reddened and my heart beat quickened. What in the Karma Akabane was that.

"Only if you are." I replied, trying to keep concentration.