~ch26~ Servants' quarters

Y/n's Pov

By the end of the night, we had already met the famous "guard dog" and had reached the servants' quarters that the old man had brought us too. Turns out he had a name (and me being a sarcastic fuck) was surprised, more than I should've been.

"Zebro." I muttered aloud.

"Hm?" He had turned his head in response, wondering to what I had to say.

"Oh, no. It's just uh..." I displayed a sign of bashfulness, not meaning to speak his name outside of my thoughts.

He seemed a bit confused, but later on shrugged and ignored it, placing his hand on the door in front of us.

"Here are the servants' quarters. It's getting late, so you can stay here tonight."

He gave a little smile before pushing the door opened. The second he did, it roughly scraped the ground, giving the wooden floors beneath us, black marks. The sound wasn't very pleasing, but it felt as if the ground was beginning to shake. It must have been my imagination though, seeing how no one other than me was affected by it.

As we each stepped in, one by one, Zebro began to shout.

"Hey, I'm back!"

A man with black, messy hair, a white headband, and a cigarette in his mouth, walked into the area that we were standing in.

"You rarely bring guests." was all the man had to say.

Zebro focused his attention on the four of us and introduced the man.

"This is Seaquant. He works with me here."

"Good evening!" Gon politely greeted.

Seaquant grunted and put his head down in response, the smoke flowing from his mouth.

"If you managed to win over Zebro, you must be special." He turned his back towards us, heading to another room. "Well make yourselves at home. Though, it won't be easy here."

And with that, we were left with just a warning.

.

.

.

"You want to see young Killua?"

The smell of green tea filled the room, which had sat in the cups Zebro had poured for us.

"That's a riot!" Seaquant let out a laugh.

We found ourselves sitting at a table. One where I would be sitting in between Leorio and Kurapika.

"Sorry, but we're dead serious." Leorio quickly spoke up.

"Then, let me give you a warning."

Again??? I thought.

"Give up and go home."

It was obvious that he had no faith in us, which for some reason, made me mad.

"What was that?" Leorio and I had said angrily, in unison.

"Zebro told you about the Testing Gate, right? That should give you an idea of what this place is like."

"Now hold on." Zebro interrupted. "It's not completely impossible for them."

He glanced towards me and signaled in my direction. The moment Seaquant took notice, his cig fell out of his mouth.

"Is that-"

He shut up.

"It is." Zebro confirmed.

.

.

.

.

.

...