~ch16~ A secret prodigy?

One by one, our names were being announced from the intercom. The first one to take leave, was Leorio, and once he came back, the others did the same.

"What did he say?" Gon asked.

"The chairman is asking questions. It's nothing difficult, he just wants to know a few things."

He nodded his head at Leorio's response.

Wonder what he's asking.

I was the last person to be called.

"Number 406, y/n! The chairman wishes to interview you. Please report to the reception room on the second floor."

"Looks like that's me!" I waved goodbye and proceeded to the reception room. Once I arrived, I slid the door open. Sitting on the floor was Chairman Netero. A small, white notepad sat on the long, brown desk, which acted as a barrier between me and him. I took my seat on the opposing side.

The chairman parted his lips and began to speak.

"I just want to ask you a few questions as a reference, if that's okay."

I smiled in response.

"Feel free to ask as many questions as you need."

Without a second thought, the chairman continued.

"First, why do you want to become a Hunter?"

Why did I want to become a Hunter? Well, I didn't have a reason, mainly because I kind of teleported to this universe. This was something I honestly haven't thought of myself. Before I answered, I carefully thought of what I was going to say as if my plan was to become one.

"Honestly... I'm not sure. One thing I am sure of, is that I'd like to continue to train, making myself stronger, and helping those in need."

Back at home, I may not have loved people or social interaction that much, but I did love helping them, no matter what. It was just one of the many things about me that I liked. I have a soft spot for this kind of thing, and I really do care. Weird right?

Chairman Netero used the nearby pen to jot down what I had just said.

"Out of the other eight candidates," He started to ask again. "Which one do you keep your eyes on the most?"

This one was obvious.

"Number 44, Hisoka. Not in any good way though."

"I see. Last question, out of the eight candidates, which would you least like to fight?"

"Number 44, 405, 99, 403, and 404."

I didn't want to risk having to fight my friends.

"Thank you, you can leave now." He scratched his head slightly uninterested.

I shut the door and slid down the wall. I was so nervous.

Chairman Netero's POV

I joined the other examiners who waited for me in a separate room.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I've drawn out the brackets." I said.

"What.."

"Is this..."

The others had said.

I showed them the results I had collected.

"Chairman.." "Are you.."

"Yes." I responded with.

At that very moment, I set down the board I had and spoke with a serious tone.

"You guys remember the girl that went missing around 11 years ago? She was about four at that time."

All of them shook their head.

"You mean ???'s daughter?" Menchi nervously said.

"I think we found our girl. Y/n L/n." I pulled out a photo.

"I knew she looked familiar!" Menchi said with excitement. "Wait, but, how did she get back? I heard she was taken far away, where no one in this dimension could ever reach!"

"That's the thing, I don't know. She seems to be here alone. Y/n hasn't recognized any of us so that means her memory hasn't come back yet. Satos, from now on, I need you to keep an eye on her. She's stronger than any of you know it."

Y/n POV

It was getting dark, as the halls were well lit. The honey colored glow from the sun was absolutely beautiful.

"Hey guys, I'm getting kind of tired. Mind if I rest?"

"We'll come with." Kurapika said.