~ch15~One step closer

I was scared and upset, not wanting to be back. That's when I heard footsteps running towards my door. Surprise surprise, it was my fuck shit dad. He's home early.

"Why are you awake? What the fuck are you doing?" He raised his voice.

I didn't feel like answering. I was a complete mess.

Slowly he inched closer to me and paused. Here it comes. I thought. He swung his fist at my face. The energy to dodge and hit back just left me, so I closed my eyes not wanting to see the pretty sight.

"N-" Was someone calling me out in the distance?

"Y/n." I could hear it much more clearly now.

"Y/N!!"

I jolted up and opened my eyes, to reveal the one and only Kurapika.

"Are you okay? You were crying?" He asked.

I felt a sudden relief hit me.

"Is this.. Real? Are you.. My boyfriend? Was I.. sleeping?"

"To answer all of that, yes. What makes you think that this wasn't real?"

He chuckled and combed his fingers through my h/l, h/c locks.

Just to double check, I did everything that I could to prove that I was actually here. When I finished, I could feel a grin appearing upon my face. Without another thought, I jumped into Kurapika's arms and hugged him really tight to the point he couldn't breathe.

"Y/-n.. I-... can't-...breathe-.."

I giggled and let go.

"Sorry, I just didn't want to lose you."

"You won't. You won't ever lose me, I promise you that." He reassured me.

The ship then came to a stop, and brought us to the Hunter association blimp that we traveled in a few phases ago. The five of us went inside, but Killua pulled me over.

"I need to borrow y/n for a second. We'll meet up with you guys later."

I had no idea what was going on, but I went with it.

"We'll be waiting over here." Kurapika said and pointed next one of the windows in the long hallway.

"Okay, see ya later, then." Killua waved.

He brought me to a room, isolated from the others.

"What did you want to talk about?" I asked.

He hesitated a moment before speaking.

"I've been doing some research on you, but something doesn't make sense. I didn't realize it at the time, but now that I think about it, it seems off. Back during the third phase, when I caught you spying on me during my chat with that stupid pin-face guy, I heard a buzz."

Where is he going with this?

"At first I thought it was nothing, but when you told me to leave, I just hid behind the tree when you weren't looking."

He was spying on me??

"You pulled out an object, a rectangular shape, and clicked on something that emitted a voice. When you threw it and left, I picked it up and assumed it was a phone. Those phones don't exist here though."

"I got more curious and it was left opened, so I looked through it.. And.."

He pulled out my phone with a large crack over the screen. He then unlocked it and showed me the homescreen. It was of Kurapika, Killua, Gon, and Leorio. Apps were open, but the one that caught my eye was netflix.

"I didn't know how to use this so I swiped around and these appeared. The one I opened was called 'netflix'. I saw this little box with Hunter x Hunter, with all of us but you on the cover. I watched it, and it showed a video of the four of us, minus you, showing of how we got here and our exams, almost the exact same thing that we just went through. Who are you really?"

Worst. Timing. Ever. I guess it's okay to let Killua know. He'll understand.

"Well, if I have to be completely honest.. I'm not from here. I'm from a different dimension, or well, world."

I took me and hour to explain everything, but I told him all of it. How I got here, what explains those videos, and how they're in an anime and it's really popular from where I'm from. I even explained my life back home and how I'm not looking for a way to return any time soon, or even ever. Once I finished, Killua asked me many questions about all of his fans back home and why there were fanfics of him and Gon. I told him a popular theory all of the fangirls/fanboys have, but he looked straight up disgusted. (Although a small part of him probably enjoyed it.)

"Wow. This is all crazy."

He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Wait until the rest of them hear about this it's-"

I interrupted him before he could finish anything more.

"You can't tell anyone, not even them, but that's just for now. I'm not ready to tell them all of this and I don't want to stress or freak them out. It's our secret for now."

"I understand. Still, that explains much more. At first I kind of thought you were working under my parents to get rid of Gon and bring me back."

"Yeah, no. I don't feel like being attacked by a 12 year old assassin today."

We were both laughing as we met up with the trio.

"You guys took a while. Sounds like you're having fun." Kurapika said.

"Oh, um yeah, we were just talking about the exam and other contestants."

Me and Killua both looked at each other and smiled. After today, even if he won't admit it, talking about this has brought us closer. I really feel happy.

--------------------------------------------------------

A/n- PLEASE DON'T KILL ME FOR LAST CHAPTER. I NEEDED TO CREATE PAIN AND A CLIFFHANGER SO I CAN MAKE UR EMOTIONS ALL OVER THE PLACE. I LVOE U ALL THO