~ch7~Admit it

Y/n POV

It has been hours since the last fight and since I kissed him. Neither of us spoke after that. Thinking about it, WHAT DID I JUST DO??  I was only expecting to hug him, but a kiss too? I got a little carried away in the moment. I thought he was going to push me off, but instead, he didn't move. After I pulled away, he had this look on his face like his soul just left his body. Did he not like it? That must be it! I turned away covering my eyes, my face flushed with embarrassment.

"I'm sorry..." My voice was shaking.

"I shouldn't have done that. I probably made you uncomfortable." I continued. 

No response. 

He peeled my hands away from my face and lifted my chin up. He cupped my cheeks, and moved his face closer to mine. The more he started to close in, he gracefully shut his eyes. At first I was confused, but I decided to do the same. I could feel his hot breath an inch away from me. That's when it hit me. Were we gonna.. KISS?!  My heart was beating out of my chest. I thought I was going to faint before I got the chance. 

"What are you guys doing? You look like you're having fun." I looked down, startled, seeing Gon smiling at us. 

Killua came up from behind and slapped the back of Gon's head.

"BAKA!" He yelled. Then dragged him away. 

"I don't get it, what did I do wrong?" Gon asked confused.

I jumped back. Words were struggling to come out of my mouth. 

"So...um. Let's go watch the next match." I gave a terribly weak smile and headed off. 

"Wait!!"

I looked at Kurapika confused and tilted my head. 

He rubbed the back of his neck. 

"I- Uh- Never mind." 

Okayyy. That was weird. I told myself to ignore it and walked up to Killua. 

The next person who offered to go up next was the prisoner with bright pink hair in pigtails. I guess we're skipping Gon then. I should've known. After all, her bet was going to be mainly based on Majitani. I pulled Leorio over and told him to bend down. I then whispered in his ear.

"He's not dead."

"What?"

"Just remember that. You're going to need it. Oh and one more thing, do us all a favor and don't be a pervert."

Leorio slowly nodded his head and walked away to attend the girl. 

Things were turning out a little different in the show. I may have affected it a little bit, but that's okay since there isn't anything I could really do about it. The words and actions were not exactly the same as how it was in the show, but it wouldn't be changed too much so it still should follow the basic storyline. 

"Let's make a wager with betting on whether Majitani is alive or not. We'll gamble with our time. What do you say?" The girl said.

Leorio spoke up. "He's been knocked out for hours. At this point he's probably dead!"

"I'm betting he's alive." She said straightforward. 

"If he was, he would've woken up earlier." He snarled back 

Leorio POV

What is she talking about? He's clearly dead. There's no way he's- No, wait. What is it that y/n told me? "He's not dead."  What if she's right? After all this is what she specializes in. Gambling.