~ch20~Gon

Y/n POV

"Has everyone gone?" Satos asked.

We each nodded our heads, letting him know that there wasn't a single person who hadn't.

"And everyone won at least one match, correct?"

We all shook our heads for a second time.

Finally this phase has ended.

"Okay, then that means you have all passed. Follow me."

We helped form a very unorganized line. It was more of a cluttered circle actually, but we still were able to fit through the doors.Everyone took their turn, and when it came to mine, I paused, watching Kurapika stand next to the doorway. What is he doing? He then bowed his head, along with the rest of his upper body and gestured his hands to other side of me.

"M'lady. You may go first."

I giggled a little too loudly and disturbed the others who were behind us. Quickly, I covered my mouth.

"You're such a dork." I mouthed and took my leave.

Satos led us to a room with long tables arranged in the way of bleachers, except with a much nicer touch and a comfier seat. Everyone dispersed and sat spread out all over the room. Kurapika and I sat right next to each other, while Leorio attempted to join us but sitting on the vacant side of my left. He ended up leaving though because Kurapika got jealous about how another guy was tightly squeezed up against me and started vaguely cursing him out. (Even if the other guy was Leorio). I ended up laughing and teasing the blonde about it, poking his cheeks and continuously asking if he really was that worried of another guy stealing me from him, but once he replied "yes", I assured him that no other guy could ever have my heart like he did and rested my head onto his shoulder.

Everyone was seated now, but distracted in their own way. We all happened to stay quiet so we could see what would go on next.

Very bored, and now tired, I scanned across the room. 20 minutes had passed and Gon still wasn't up yet. The anime made it seem that he woke up faster than this.

"Ugh, where's Gon?" I whined aloud.

As if some magical genie granted my wish, a pair of footsteps entered the room. It sounded angry, although no feelings came from a foot.

"I'm right here."

Gon was standing by the door way, fuming. His jacket was removed, only to be left in a simple black tank and a white sling that lay across his left arm, which was in a cast. He had an x bandaged between the center of his eyebrows, from where the blood had dripped down from. I kept wondering why he was mad.

WAIT. I ALMOST FORGOT. This is the scene where Gon stands up to Illumi!

Gon began to walk down the middle of where everyone was seated, until he reached the very last step. Illumi was sitting face forward minding his own business.

"Apologize to Killua." He said, loudly enough for the whole room to hear.

Illumi's head turned to face him and answered confused.

"Apologize? What for?"

Gon's expression became much more harsh.

"You don't know what you did wrong?"

"No."

Gon's hand balled up and twitched.

"You don't have the right to be his brother."

"Must I earn the right to be his brother?"

Barely a moment passed as Gon reached for Illumi's arm and flipped him over the top of him. Sadly he landed on his two feet gracefully.

"He doesn't need to earn the right to be my friend!"

His grip tightened around Illumi's arm, making the tension in the air, thick.

Gon gave up on getting him to apologize, and changed his request.

"Don't bother apologizing. Just take me to see Killua."

"What will you do then?"

"That should be obvious. I'm going to rescue Killua!"

They continued to go back and fourth.

Pretty soon, the whole room participated in this conversation. Leorio, Kurapika, Gon, and I, all fought hardly for Killua's case but it still wasn't enough.