~ch23~Kukuroo mountain

Kurapika's POV

Y/n actually thinks I'm joking about this. What do I do? My face flushed furiously in thought of how bold I've become. I sat there in silence trying not to freak out.

Leorio and Gon came up to me and had asked Y/n to give us some privacy for a few minutes. She gave us a very confused thumbs up and walked away.

"What was that?" Leorio asked. "Using me and Gon as a cover up?"

A smirk appeared on his face as he nudged me about the previous situation.

"Yeah!" Gon added. "I don't remember me or Leorio not believing that you can flirt with y/n! We were making a bet on someone else on the aircraft!"

"I-i-i thought that perhaps she's getting bored of who I am now, so I wanted to change it up a bit." I looked to the side, embarrassed.

"Need advice? Look, I may not know much about relationships, or girls, but I know for a fact that y/n loves you for you, and wouldn't ask for you to change, ever. If she were bored of you, by now you guys would've broken up. Put some faith in y/n for me, will ya?"

Leorio actually gave good advice for once.

"Your right. It's just lately I've been afraid of messing up and losing someone so important to me. I lost everything already, y/n is the only one I have now, and I can't afford to lose her. I'll continue to protect her, even if she doesn't need protecting. I love her."

Memories of y/n and I flashed through my head. If anything, all y/n has done was trust me and has been with me every step of the way. She hasn't given up since.

"Now why don't you tell her that instead of us." Leorio pointed to the beautiful girl further up.

I got up without a second thought in mind and went over to where she was standing.

"Hey, sorry about earlier." I laughed nervously.

She was fiddling with her fingers, so I grabbed it and slipped mine through hers.

"Sorry about? If your talking about that I'm not upset."

Why does her voice have to sound so pretty??

"Truth is" I sighed. "I did it all on my own. I thought you were getting bored of me so I wanted to switch it up."

She turned towards me and opened her mouth, as if she was about to speak, but I continued to talk anyways.

"Leorio got me to realize, that you would never think that way, nor do something like that. I guess I was just caught up in feeling so afraid, that I would need to change myself or be more intimate. I love you so much and I don't want to lose you to something or someone else, or just because I wasn't perfect enough for you."

Her lips formed a small smile. She didn't say anything, she just pulled me into a warm hug.

"I love you too, dumbass. You'll never loose me, and you alone is enough."

Y/n POV

I got on my toes and kissed the side of his cheek. What an idiot.

"Want to go sit down?" I asked.

...

It took us some time, but we were finally here. I looked out the window and saw mountains of green everywhere.

"Woah!! It's so beautiful outside!"

I pressed my nose up against the clear glass and smiled insanely hard. It was much more stunning in person then it ever would have been on screen. We had left the aircraft about 20 minutes ago before boarding the bullet train.