~ch2~ Is this a dream?

Y/N POV

I rubbed my eyes and started to pinch myself. Am I dreaming? There, right in front of me stood THE Kurapika. You know, the one that just casually happens to be SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T EXIST. Or at least isn't supposed to. I could feel myself bubble with excitement.

"Is it okay if I touch your hair?" I asked. 

No, I'm not weird, I promise. I just want to confirm something.

"Uh sure?" Kurapika replied. 

I reached my hand out and ran my fingers through his thick, blonde hair. It felt soft. It felt...real. He really is here.

Kurapika POV

I was helping the girl I had knocked over, but I couldn't see her face. She hadn't looked up once. Finally, her head tilted up, and our eyes met. The moment they made contact with mine, my heart skipped a beat. I wasn't sure why. She stared at me for a few more seconds before breaking eye contact. 

"No.." She whispered.

No? I didn't get a chance to ask when she started to speak again.

"Is it okay if I touch your hair?" 

What? My hair? I agreed in confusion. 

"Uh sure?" I said. 

She began to reach out, and carefully combed her thin, delicate fingers through my hair. For a moment, my pulse spiked, increasing with her every touch. She pulled away as the corners of her mouth curled up, slowly forming a breath-taking smile. 

Y/N POV

I couldn't stop smiling. It was confirmed. He's really here, right in front of me. Wait. Then that means the reason it all looks so familiar is because I'm inside HunterxHunter? No fucking way. I mean, I've always hoped that I could be here, but I never actually expected it to become reality. 

"Kurapika!" I looked around trying to find the voice who called for him.

"Hey Gon." Kurapika replied. 

I looked to the side, spotting Gon and Leorio walking towards us. 

Gon POV 

Leorio and I were trying to find Kurapika. He ran off without us while we were surrounded by salespeople. 

"Where did that brat go?" Leorio said 

I looked up ahead and saw Kurapika talking to a girl his age. Her right leg was scratched, covered with a bruise and half-dried blood. 

"Kurapika!" I shouted. 

"Hey Gon." I heard him answer in return. 

"Excuse me, but is your leg okay?" I pointed at the girl's injury. 

"Huh? Oh yea, it's not a big deal." 

Leorio spoke up, with a hint of worry on his face.

"No, it definitely is. Can you sit down for me?"

The girl sat down and extended her legs as Leorio opened his briefcase and pulled out bandages and alcohol wipes.

Y/N POV

"Excuse me, but is your leg okay?" Gon pointed down at my right leg. I remembered not to long ago that I hurt myself from the fall. I must of forgotten about it while I was trying to process how I got here. 

"Huh? Oh yea, it's not a big deal." Gon is so sweet. I don't want to make him worry about me, but I appreciate his thoughtfulness and kind heart. 

"No, it definitely is. Can you sit down for me?" Leorio requested. I forgot he wanted to be a doctor, so I let him come to my aid since I knew he wouldn't drop it. I sat down and extended my legs like leorio requested. He opened his briefcase and grabbed bandages and alcohol wipes. 

"Allow me to help." Kurapika insisted, taking over for Leorio. 

"After all, it's my fault you're like this." 

He ripped open the alcohol wipes and applied it to the scratch. It stung like hell, but I bit my tongue to prevent myself from screaming. I guess Kurapika noticed because he used his free hand to hold mine. I felt myself ease a bit more and squeezed his hand so my attention would drift from the pain. He then finished cleaning the blood off and let go of my hand so he could lift my leg up. I watched him wrap the bandages around it with care. Once he finished he picked me up and held me in the air. I felt my face heat up and start to turn red. 

"Do you have a fever too?" Gon asked after seeing my face drowning in red. 

Luckily no one but me heard him. In the corner of my eye, I caught Leorio gazing down at his watch. 

"You guys, we should go now if we want to be on time for the exam." He said. 

Kurapika looked down at me. "I'm sorry to cut our time short but we have to go."

"What exam?" I asked.

"The hunter exam!" Gon replied excitedly. 

"WAIT. YOU GUYS ARE TAKING IT TOO? That's why I'm here!" Okay so, I wasn't 100% telling the truth, but come on, it's not everyday you get to be in your favorite anime. 

"Do you want to join us?" Kurapika asked.

"I would love to." I smiled.

He gave me a warm-hearted smile back. 

We walked up to the old lady blocking the paths we were supposed to go through. She wouldn't let us pass if we didn't answer the question. After she asked, none of us could think of an answer. Our time ran out as Leorio filled with rage. Before he could actually do anything, Kurapika explained that we were right not to answer. She let us pass as we headed to our next destination.

-Timeskip to the first test-

After the long morning, we finally arrived to the first test. This is where the real challenge begins.