~ch19~ Stop leaving me speechless >:[

Y/n POV

As I already mentioned, it was finally time for the match I was dreading towards. Kurapika needed at least ONE win, and winning against me was his only hope. I remembered earlier that he had forfeit a match with Hisoka because of something he said. Even though I dreaded it, at the same time I was excited. I was ready to show him that I am more than just a helpless girl who needs saving. Call me crazy and competitive, but I'm ready to crush him. (Not as bad though because he's literally the love of my life.)

I stared into his grey, lifeless contacts. His bold affection for me had managed to calm itself, and his mouth curled into a taunting grin. I couldn't help but laugh, as a small, breathy giggle managed to escape my pursed lips. I wasn't used to the intimidating side of him, and frankly, I found it quite adorable. I can already tell, this match was about to become interesting.

From lovers, to enemies.

The hair that had once clouded my vision, were now pulled back into a loose ponytail. I had a clear glance of my surroundings. I adjusted my footing and shifted my weight. 60% percent on the back foot, 40% on the front. I lifted my arms and balled both my hands into fists keeping the left hand in the front, and the dominant hand right behind.

"You may start."

I took a deep breath and kept my stance. Kurapika had no hesitation as he started off the fight. He quickly moved at a fast pace within a 4ft range of my body. We first started off with close combat attacks as he threw a right jab directly at my face. This time, unlike Pokkle's, it came in contact with my nose.

"How could you..." I sniffed. Blood dripped down so I used the back of my hand to wipe it as it smeared across my cheek. I turned my head and covered my eyes with the sleeve of my sweater.

"How could you..." I repeated again, this time my voice breaking with hurt being distributed.

Kurapika put his fists down and walked over to me with worry. "I'm sorry, I didn't meant to hurt you." He used his hand to lift up my face as I removed my arms.

Kurapika's POV

I think I went overboard! I didn't meant to hurt y/n. I lifted up her face, feeling guilty about hitting her. When I did, the first thing I saw, was her eyes. Instead of expecting to see tears streaming down, what I really saw was it glistening with passion. I traveled down to see her mouth in a wide smile.

No.. She didn't.

"Yes. I did." She responded in a soft voice.

Y/n POV

"Playing victim? Seriously y/n! I was actually worri-"

Without another word, I pivoted the balls of my feet and landed a nice right hook on the center of his cheek. I then gave him a thrust kick to the stomach, pushing him backwards and almost knocked over. That caused him to lose his balance for a second, concentrating on how not to fall. While he was busy trying to regain his composure, I wasted no time. I stepped with my back facing his chest and pushed my hip against his. I grabbed his nearest arm and rested it over my shoulder. Once I set everything into place, I used both hands to grab his arm and turned my left shoulder back with all my strength, pulling him along. Doing that caused him to flip over my shoulder and onto the ground. I never let go of his right wrist as I stood over his head and twisted his hand the opposite direction. Carefully, I moved over his body and sat on the top of his waist.

"Looks like I win, huh? Kind of pathetic, you lost by your girlfriend." I snickered at the cruel joke I had made.

"Win? I don't think so, teddy bear~"

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH ALL OF THESE ANIME REFERENCES I SWEAR TO GOD. OKAY SIR BAKUGOU. I seriously don't know what's up with him today, why is he acting like this.

I just stared at him in awe as my grip loosened. Between those 5 seconds, I somehow ended on the floor with Kurapika sitting right on top of me. I was so caught off guard when he said that! I guess that was his plan.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You cheater."

"I'm just getting back at the little stunt you pulled earlier. It's only fair." He replied

SCREW HIM!! I CAN'T EVEN GET MAD LOOKING AT HIS STUPID, ADORABLE, PRETTY, STUPID FACE. Oh and didn't I mention stupid????

"Give up." He whispered at me.

"You're out of your mind if you think I'm going to give up right now. Especially with YOU on top of me."

"You might want to rethink that, unless you want me to kiss you in front of everyone. Plus, I'm the one in control, who knows what I'll do to you."

I felt something cold wrap around my stomach underneath my shirt. I could smell the faint scent of metal. Did he just wrap his chains around me?

My face brightened in embarrassment. He wouldn't! Would he? Whether or not he would, I couldn't risk the chance. Who knows what he would do. After all he's been acting pretty bold recently with his choice of words. Fine. You win, you scumbag.

"I give up." I murmured.

"What's that? Couldn't hear you." Kurapika put his hand to his ear like he was some deaf old man or something.

"I know damn well you can hear me."

Kurapika grazed my lip with his finger. "Repeat it, or perhaps.. you want to get.. Punished?"

"I GIVE UP. I GIVE UP I GIVE UP. I. GIVE. UP." I shouted as loudly as I could.

"Alright then, I guess that declares Kurapika our winner of this round!" Netero announced.

Kurapika got off of me and helped bring me off the ground.

"Good job." He said to me

"Yeah yeah." I said back.

"By the way, I was gonna tell you later, but, you have something on your mouth."

"What? Where?" I felt around my lips with the tips of my fingers.

"I'll get it for you. It's right... there." All of a sudden my lips felt a warm embrace by another pair. Kurapika had kissed me.. In front of everyone.

Once he released I began to scold him.

"You said you wouldn't kiss me in front of everyone if I gave up, which I did!" I screamed.

"No. I said that if you don't give up, I'll kiss you in front of everyone. I never said that even if you did, I wouldn't. Plus, I had to let everyone know that you're my property after all."

I was internally and externally shocked. Butterflies aggressively roamed inside my stomach, and my face burned up with a fiery passion. The taste of his lips still lingered against mine.

"Idiot.." I whispered in disbelief.