~ch21~ Hunter License

Y/n POV

After a good 10 minutes, the entire conversation had settled down. Chairman Netero's mind was made up. Killua stayed officially disqualified and the rest of us managed to pass. Everyone was once again seated and stayed quiet. I payed no attention to the others and let my cheek meet the table in front of me. It cooled down the warmth radiating from my face and sent a tingling sensation through out the rest of my body.

"Are you okay?" Kurapika asked.

"I'm fine. I'm just a little worried about Killua."

The poor boy was suffering a horrible debt he had to pay. I'd be no help at all in this. I was better at watching this anyways.

"We all are. Don't worry, we're going to help him."

Kura ran his fingers through my h/c hair. He then laid his head on the table as I had done, except facing me. Our faces were really close together. If he had moved any closer, our lips would've touched.

Not gonna lie, it was kind of romantic doing this. Gazing into his beautiful eyes which had reminded me of how real he was.

A small green guy emerged from the hiding of Chairman Netero's side. He walked front and center, to where everyone could see and hear him.

"Okay, then I shall continue the orientation." He spoke.

The small man flipped up a plastic card for us to view.

"The cards I've passed out are your Hunter Licenses. This card allows you to enter 90 percent of the countries that limit immigration as well as 75 percent of the restricted areas in the world."

He took a short breath before continuing to talk."This card also provides free access to 95 percent of public facilities and a line of credit that rivals large corporations. If you sell the card, you'll have enough money to last seven lifetimes. And if you keep it, you'll still be living in comfort. So, take extra care of your license so that it doesn't get lost or stolen. You won't receive a replacement. According to our estimation, one in five hunters loses their card within a year of receiving it. As a Hunter, your first challenge is to protect your card."

I put up my hand and whispered to Kurapika.

"Okay. What kind of IDIOT loses an important card as soon as they get it? I mean c'mon even I'm more responsible than that and that's saying something. Watch this."

I reached to grab my Hunter License from my back pocket. When I did, it oddly felt nothing but flat, what isn't surprisingly new, just disappointing.

I started to freak out once I realized that it wasn't there.

"K-k-kurapika." I looked at him, my face filled with terror.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I lost my hunter license!! I thought I had it but-"

Kurapika cut me off with a small laugh.

"Why are you laughing?? This isn't funny. Come help me look for it, I'm going to need it."

"We didn't get them yet."

What? I was so confused.

"We didn't get what yet?"

"Our Hunter License. All that talk about being responsible really did a number on you."

Huh. Huh? HUH?? I'm so fucking stupid. We didn't even get ours yet and I spent 5 minutes embarrassing myself convinced we did.

"I knew that. I was just -uh- TESTING YOU."

"Keep telling yourself that."

"Shut up."

... (A/N WHEN I PUT 3 DOTS, THAT'S GONNA BE THE NEW TIMESKIP INSTEAD OF WRITING IT OUT)

I never took my eyes off of the card. It was such a special privilege to have that I couldn't bare to waste it. Truth be told, I'm not that responsible and loses things easily. Not me wanting to impress Kura.

"Can I see your license?" Kura asked.

I handed it to him without any hesitation.

"Why, what's up?"

He slid it in his bag.

"There. From now on, I'll hold onto it and keep it safe, so you don't have to worry about losing it."

Awwwhhh :(((( Guys back home could NEVER.

We were walking together, hand in hand, outside of the building. I spotted Satos walking away from Gon.

"GONNNNNNN!!!" I screamed.

My feet moved first as I let go of Kurapika's hand and charged in the direction of the little boy. Once I got closer, I tackled him with a big hug.

"Y/NNN!!" He playfully giggled and hugged back, a huge smile taking over.

Kurapika and Leorio regathered with us. I let go of Gon and spoke up.

"Now that this is over, you guys ready to save Killua?"

.

.

.

.

.

...