~ch 29~ Let us pass

Y/n's POV

About halfway to our destination.. At least I think it's half.. I remember that I'm still carrying the "gift" Seaquant had given me. Now was a good time to open it.. Not that we were really doing something anyway. Before I opened it, a few things caught my eye. The first thing I noticed was the faded violet color of the box. It looked as if it had been used for quite a long time. A delicate, silver ribbon had wrapped over the top of the box just as the ones you see on Christmas presents. The ribbon was folded quite beautifully on the lid, but even then it seemed just as worn out as the box color itself.

I found it remarkable. Somehow the simplicity of the decor had given me comfort, unlike one that was heavily detailed. Upon closer inspection, I caught my name engraved on the bottom right corner. It was alongside a date written in ink that was almost rubbed off completely by now. 05/05/87 the date read. Must've been there for a long time. How long has my name been written on this box... and what's up with this date? 05/05/87..?

I find it pointless asking myself these questions that I know will remain unanswered. Maybe one day I'll figure out what's going on.

I take the deepest breath and sigh, talking to myself only loud enough for me to hear.

"I need to stop over analyzing things. That's the least of my worries right now."

Sighing for a second time, I pull the ribbon and it untangles itself gracefully. I can still feel the soft texture of the fabric brushing my skin. Feeling impatient yet again, I open the lid a little too excitedly. Inside, there laid a locket. It was alluring indeed, as a miniature violet heart sat there and stared straight into my face. I opened it to find the picture inside damaged. Every other part of the locket seemed to be in good condition except that.

The photo showed a family of three together, only all their faces weren't visible. It had been rubbed off, which I'm assuming happened with time. What a priceless gift, but Seaquant has it all wrong. This isn't mine. He must be mistaken. 

I intend to give it back to him the next time we cross paths, but currently I have nowhere to place it. Guess I'll just wear it then.

A devious thought crossed my mind the moment an idea of wearing it came to me.

"Kura!!" I shouted out playfully.

He turned his head toward me as I gave him a smile... a smile that said "Would you do your precious girlfriend a favor."

"What's wrong?" Kura asked out of concern.

"Nothing actually, I was just wondering if you could put this necklace on me? The clasp is pretty difficult to deal with on my own. It's more of a two person job."

Not that I lied. I really did tell the truth about it. Back where I lived, I owned quite a few lockets that were similar, and every single one was a two person job. I don't know why they make these lockets so much differently from regular ones. It's honestly quite frustrating.

Without a word, he took the locket out of my hand softly and reached from behind my neck to put it on. I felt his hand graze the back of my neck. It kind of tickles a bit. Once he finished, I thanked him.

"Thank you." I said

Kurapika smiled back only to add moments later;

"It suits you well. Although you're more extravagant.

Sweet talker. Why is he speaking so fancy anyways? Where are you learning these things..

Kurapika's POV

As I placed the locket on y/n's neck, a sweet smell had surrounded my nose. It was the scent of her, which smelled fresh & sweet. I couldn't explain it, but the smell of it wasn't overbearing, and it had a unique sense to it too. Shampoo? Perfume? Even with neither it was wonderful.

Butterflies in my stomach emerged. Everything about her I find pleasing. She's so wonderful. I can't believe she's mine. One day I'll tell you all of it y/n. About how I absolutely adore everything about you..

Y/N POV

It had been hours we've been roaming until we finally came across a young girl wearing a suit guarding our path.

Well if it isn't Canary.

"Leave." She ordered. "You're trespassing on private property. I cannot allow you to pass without permission."

Gon spoke up.

"We called ahead. And we came through the Testing Gate."

"The butlers did not give you permission to enter." She argued back.

"What do we need to get permission? I said I was Killua's friend, but they wouldn't put him on."

"I wouldn't know. Because no one has ever received permission."

"Then we'll have to trespass."

"I suppose so. In any case this is where I draw the line. If you take one step beyond this line, I'll remove you by force."

And so, the passing began. I watched as Gon got his ass kicked multiple times, flying right back at us into our direction. The others wanted to fight too, but Gon wouldn't let them interfere. I'm single-handedly experiencing Gon's main character moment myself. I have to admit, it's quite amusing seeing this in person (as I've said before).

...

The fighting continued, even as it got dark. I was starting to get sleepy so I took a nap. By the time I awoke, I found myself laying on Kurapika's lap and his tribal clothing laid across me acting as a blanket. When did he move me here? 

"You're awake?" He asked and looked down at me.

"Yeah." I got up, kissed his cheek and ruffled his hair. "By the way" I asked "Where is everybody?"

No one was in sight. Leorio, Gon, and Canary had all disappeared. It was just Kurapika and I.

"Gon finished long ago. He ended up convincing Canary otherwise.. I'll spare you the other details, but you were still sleeping. I didn't want to wake you so I told them to leave us and we'll catch up with them in a bit. I'm just surprised how soundly you slept in this situation."

"I don't think any of us have rested properly in awhile. I think it's starting to catch up with me. Sleeping through loud noises is something I am good at though."

Kurapika nodded in agreement.

.

.

.

...