~ch6~ A duel with an idiot

Kurapika's POV still

I stepped forwards, looking for my new opponent. The next guy who had volunteered stepped out of the shadows. His cuffs came off, as well as the fabric covering his head. While he had emerged from the darkness, I took in every detail. He was a large blue man, with a bruised left eye, no nose, and only three teeth. He had 19 hearts printed on his chest. Nothing really caught my eye until I met his back. There, in black ink, was a large spider. The Phantom Troupe. It was obvious this guy was a phony. I knew this, yet I couldn't stop my eyes from turning an enraged scarlet. The both of us had walked up to the center. The guy from the last match was still laid on cold, hard ground, mouth wide opened and completely stunned. Y/n really fucked him up. He wouldn't move a single inch until the Phantom troupe wannabe, now known as Majitani, kicked his side and demanded he returned back. His gaze averted from his, now back to mine, and in the moment, gave a huge, proud smirk. 

Y/n POV

I'm pretty sure Gon's match was supposed to come after mine, but since Kurapika had been so eager to fight, Majitani chose to go against him. It still ended up working out somehow since I know the two others weren't strong physically and they didn't want to have to pull out Escanor's doppleganger unless they absolutely had to. I just hope this time Kurapika doesn't get to out of control.

Kurapika's POV

"Look at this." Majitani had called out to me. 

He pointed toward all the hearts he had engraved. 

"I've killed 19 people up to this day, but I'm rather dissatisfied by having only 19. It would be a pleasure to meet the 20th person." The cackle of his hoarse voice bounced off the walls. 

I was extremely irritated. I ignored his remarks as he continued to talk. 

"It would only take a duel to the death to keep me satisfied. I won't accept half-assed challengers. I want blood. I want guts. And I want agony!"

Is this guy a complete idiot or what? If anything, he would be affected by this. 

"Alright then." I responded. 

I wanted this match to end sooner than it began. I want to get back to y/n already. It beats "hanging" with Majitani any day.

"So tell me, how shall we fight? There's nothing I can't do." I asked. 

"You're one tough brat. Well, I propose a death match where we'll fight until either side forfeits or dies. But... even if you forfeit halfway through, don't expect me to pull my punches."

I swear, he needs to throw away that ego of his. 

"Alright, I agree."

Finally the conversation had ended...or so I thought. My eyes wanted to roll so far in the back of my head. I tore off the bag I was carrying the entire time that was crossed against my body. I was still shirtless because after I gave my sweatshirt to y/n, I had stuffed the tribal clothing inside my bag, which was tossed to the side. 

"Shall we begin?" I asked unbothered. 

With a worried look on his face, he began to speak. 

"Wait, I forgot to tell you this. You're not allowed to use weapons. We'll have to duel with our own strength. In other words, although we're hired to be examiners, we're prisoners after all. We're not allowed to carry weapons of any sort."

How many rules is he going to come up with?

"I see. Well, then.."

I reached for my weapon stuffed in the back of my pants and threw them over. I was becoming even more impatient. 

"Is there anything else? If not, we should start."

He grew in size. The bigger he was didn't make him more intimidating. In fact, it made me feel more relaxed. Within seconds, he launched up into the air and lunged with a swinging fist. I jumped backwards, hearing the sounds of his battle cry, and the dodged fist, now plummeted in the floor, debris flying everywhere. He purposely spoke about the spiders as if he was one. At this point the anger inside of me began to build up even more than it already was. I couldn't help it. My eyes were glowing a brighter scarlet by the minute. It was getting more difficult to control my breathing. I quickly ran up to his body and used my left hand to lift him in the air.. by his face. 

"Slow down! I get it! I forfeit!" He pleaded. 

I didn't listen. Instead I used my right fist, punching his face into the ground. I hit him so hard he bounced back up and rolled over onto his chest, knocked out. 

"Hear me out. Number one. The real members of the Phantom Troupe would have their membership number tattooed on their spider insignia. Number two. They absolutely would not count how many people they've killed. Number three. Never ever say the name of that troupe. If you do, I'll break you into pieces."

I walked over to my bag and picked it up. I crossed the bridge connecting me and the others together, looking down the entire time. When I looked back up, the first person I saw was y/n. I forgot she was here. Wait. That means she saw the whole fight.  After losing my control, she might not want to talk to me anymore. I didn't tell her about my eyes and the Troupe. Shit. What was I going to do? I looked away and sat down near the back. I propped my legs up and rested my arms, as well as my head, on top. I didn't want to think about what I've might've done to my relationship with y/n. Just as I was about to grieve, I felt a small tap on my shoulder and looked up. 

"Y/n..."

I stood on my feet.

"Y/n I-" 

I was interrupted by two arms wrapping around me. I failed to notice y/n until about two more minutes of shock. She's hugging me? But why? I decided to go with it and didn't resist, wrapping my own arms around her as well. I could feel her warmth against me. It felt soothing and calm with her body pressed against mine. I could smell her sweet-scented perfume enticed around her neck. I then moved my right hand from her waist to her head and pulled her closer, not wanting to let go. When she finally released from my grip she elevated onto her toes and pressed her soft, red lips against my cheek. I could feel myself bubbling with excitement and happiness at the same time. What would I do without her?