~ch4~ Who's there?

"You're not from here, are you?" A voice behind me said. 

I started to get worried due to the fact that if they did know what was going on, how would I explain it? No one would believe me.. or maybe they would. Either way I'm trying to keep it a secret from now on. I don't want anything or anyone to ruin what I have now. I turned back around to face what appeared to be-

Killua?

I was staring dead beat in the middle of his head. The back actually. I saw that he was talking to the guy with pins in his face, aka Illumi Zoldyck. I forgot Illumi hasn't revealed his true identity yet. Phew. That got me worried. It seemed they haven't noticed me yet, so I hid behind a nearby tree.

"Of course I am. What do you mean?" Illumi replied with a sly voice. 

"I just mean, there's something off about you. I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't make sense. It's like you're from another world or something." (Metaphorically speaking)

"You'll find out soon enough."

"Whatever, it's probably nothing." 

As soon as Killua said that, Illumi started walking away and vanished within an instance. 

Killua POV

I watched as the guy with pins walked away. Something really did feel off about him. For now I'll keep an eye on him. I got lost in my thoughts when I noticed something watching me from behind. During the talk, I hadn't realized it before, but now it's sticking out like a sore thumb. Who could be watching me and what do they want? I turned around and looked at the trees in front of me, leaning to the closest one. Without thinking, I grabbed the guy's wrist and flipped them to the ground, my foot on their chest to prevent them from escaping. Dust flew in the air.

"Who are you?" I called out.

A girl's voice shouted back.

"Y/n!" 

Her name sounds a bit familiar... I looked down as the dust cleared. On the ground was the girl that Gon introduced to me earlier. I sighed in relief and pulled her back onto her feet. 

"Sorry about that, I thought you were someone else."

Y/N POV

"That's okay. I didn't mean to scare you." I can't believe he straight up threw me on the floor.

"What were you doing behind the tree anyways?" 

"I just happened to be here the same time you were. I saw you speaking with the guy with pins and didn't want to interrupt so I ran behind a tree."

"Mmmmmmm. You don't seem like the type to purposely do that, so I'll take your word for it. By the way, we should get going, the retake is starting soon." 

My phone buzzed. I shoved my hand in my pocket to help muffle the sound. 

"Go without me, I'll be there in a second." I told Killua.

At first he hesitated, then he got up and joined the others. After he left, I pulled out my phone. What the fuck? I didn't have my phone on me when I got here. Where did it come from? I checked to see I had ten missing calls from my dad. He left a voicemail so I clicked on it. 

"WHERE ARE YOU? YOU BITCH. YOU THINK JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE 15 YOU CAN LEAVE THIS HOUSE? DON'T EVEN COME BACK HOME. I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU'RE FACE. IF YOU EVER SHOW UP AGAIN I'LL-"

I threw my phone at a rock and broke my screen. I didn't want to listen to that stupid father of mine. He can burn in hell for all I care. All my life he's constantly abused me both mentally and physically. My dad never gave a single shit about me. He's the reason mom left. He's the reason she died..

Tears started streaming down my face. I used the back of my hand to wipe them away. This is not the time I should be doing this. I pushed my h/c back out of my face and exited the small forest I was in. I saw Kurapika wave at me and give a sweet smile. I'm feeling better already. 

Menchi, one of the gourmet hunters demonstrated how to get the dream eggs. Easy peasy. I was standing on the edge of the cliff getting ready to jump off. 

"Nervous?" Kurapika looked at me

"If I had to be honest, yea. Just a little."

Yeah so I lied. Standing at the edge of a cliff gave me pure anxiety. It looked easy when I watched them do it on tv. I guess being here in person makes a difference. 

3.........................................2....................................1............. JUMP

I was the first one to jump off. I just wanted to get this done and over with. The next person to follow was Kurapika, then Killua and Gon, and finally Leorio. They jumped without hesitation in their eyes and shortly after, the rest of the group followed. The webs couldn't support everyone's weight, and I was scared that the strings were actually going to snap, even though I knew that it didn't happen originally. Gon, of course, waited for the right moment to have us jump. As soon as he smelled the updraft, we all let go, snatching one dream egg each on the way down. I have to admit, it was pretty fun being lifted back up by the air. Although it was extremely terrifying and I'm never doing that again. I ran back into the woods and sat down taking a big bite in the egg I had earned myself. It tasted even better than I though it would. After I finished the egg, I got back up. I was in a different spot than when I was with Killua because this place was so much harder to get out of. I cleared all the branches and leaves to make a pathway back. As I was at the end of the pathway, I tripped over a twig and landed in a big pile of mud. Looking down I saw my clothes completely covered in brown. My cropped white tank was soaked and stained. I didn't have a change of clothes, nor another shirt underneath this because who wears shirts under tank tops? There's nothing I can do. Whatever. I gritted my teeth and continued to walk back. My eyes widened. Here comes Kurapika. 

"Y/n?! What happened?" Kurapika asked worriedly. 

"I tripped and ended up in a pile full of mud. It stained mostly my shirt."

Kurapika started to undress. He took off his tribal clothing, and then his white sweater underneath, leaving himself bare-chested. 

"Take this." He held out his hand, his face flushed with pink. 

I took it from him and walked out of view, removing the muddied shirt and replacing it with the white sweater. It smelled like him. I cracked a small smile. I then returned back to Kurapika.

"Thank you." I mumbled slightly embarrassed.

Kurapika POV

Gahhh she's so cute wearing my sweater. It looks better on her than it does on me. My heart won't stop racing. 

"Keep it. Think of it as a gift." 

SHE LOOKS SO GOOD