- New Year - New story -

*Don't worry I'm not quitting 'Destiny!' But I do want to do another Ducktales story, this is a couple of test chapters, if you like it, I may do a story based off them in the future. This will also be a Louie-Centric story, but taken in the opposite direction than this one. As instead of Louie becoming a criminal, Louie's journey takes a much more 'spectacular' direction. I would love it if you would give them a read and comment what you think.*

Ch.1 - Origin

 Deep in a rainforest located somewhere in South America, the McDuck clan were following a map that would most likely lead them to another trap-filled location full of priceless treasures that would make Scrooge even richer than he already was... or that was Louie's thought process at least, he knew that the rest of the family was thinking about 'adventure' or 'knowledge' or something like that.

"Ah-Ha!" - Scrooge chimed before turning to face the rest of his family. - "Another 20 minutes of walking, and we'll be at the temple!" - A round of cheers came from the family, most real, one sarcastic.

The family either didn't here Louie's sarcastic cheer or chose to ignore it as the family just kept walking, with Scrooge leading, Della and Dewey behind him, Huey and Webby behind them, and finally Louie trailing behind them.

"Why are all the adventures we go in some decrepit castle or crumbling temple? Why can't we ever have an adventure were we just dig buried treasure on a private island?"

"There's no hard work in earning treasure like that." - Scrooge commented, cutting vines away with his machette.

"Isn't digging hard work?" - Louie quipped.

"Digging doesn't compare to what we're doing, my boy."

The 6 kept trekking until they arrived at their destination, which was surprise, surprise, an old temple. Della and Dewey ran on ahead, arriving at the large ancient looking building first. Leaving the others to catch up. 

After entering the temple, the McDuck's quickly conquered a pitfall trap and a corridor of arrows, yet the biggest challenge was yet to come, turning a corner, they could see the treasure sitting at the end of the hallway, reflecting a golden glow into the hallway.

Louie pushed past his family and tried to sprint to the treasure only to be held back by Scrooge's cane.

"C'mon Uncle Scrooge!" - Louie expressed. - "I can practically taste the gold!"

"We have to scout for traps first."

Swiping a pebble off the ground, Louie threw it across the hallway. When nothing happened, Louie smirked and ducked under Scrooge's cane, making it halfway through the hallway before a chunk of rock under his left-foot gave way, leaving it stuck in the ground.

Scrooge sprinted over to the teen. - "I told you we still had to scout for traps." - Scrooge chastised, trying to help him out of the hole.

"I think this the result of a poor architecture, not a trap going off."

After a few more tries to pull him from the hole, Scrooge stopped. - "You're stuck good."

"No really?" 

"Stop with the sarcasm lad, I can easily leave you here."

Louie smirked. - "You wouldn't leave you're favourite great-nephew, would you Uncle Scrooge?"

"Good thing Dewey's not stuck in a hole then."

Louie let out a sharp gasp, and his hole body jerked.

"Calm down lad, it was just a joke."

"No it wasn't that," - Louie remarked. - "I think something just bit my leg." - He shook about for a few more seconds before he managed to pull his leg free. - "What is that?" - Louie asked training to grab the creature that scuttled up his leg onto his back.