4. Brand new start.

Goldie sat back in he faux leather seat, with one hand soothing the sleeping duck beside her through softly stroking his feathers and her other hand was on her Waddle smartphone skimming multiple songs on her playlist. All was good... until the train came to a screeching halt and the lights went out.

'Well this was unusual' she thought to herself. Trying to stand up she stopped herself before she woke Louie up.

"Sharpie... Hey Sharpie... Time to get up." - She gently shaking his should while her voice got progressively louder. 

"Huh.. whats happening?" - The younger duck asked as he stretched in his seat.

"I have no idea, but I'm going to find out. You stay here"

"Wait I'm coming too." - Louie stated, further reminding her as her when she was younger.

She pulled out a flashlight out of her purse while Louie turned his phone's flashlight on. The two of them moved to the door which was locked. Louie moved his way to the emergency release handle which when pulled did nothing. 

"Huh. What now?" He asked

"Stand back, I got this." - Goldie said with confidence pulling a crowbar out of her purse she pried the doors open. - "I carry everything I need in my purse. " - She gloated.

"Great, you gotta way to fix the train in there." He sarcastically remarked.

The two of the hopped off the train and onto the ground which looked like a train yard of sorts.

"Where are we?"

A voice called out from the darkness. - "Mouseton Train station!" - Out of the shadows came Ma Beagle and the many Beagle Boys."

"Oh hello, Ma Beagle." Goldie greeted sheepishly.

"Hello Goldie, and is that Scrooge's Nephew?" - Louie steeped out from behind her. 

"Hi Ma Beagle." - Louie greeted also sheepishly.

"Oh goodie, Two for one revenge on the kid who stole my fortune and the thief who stole my prized possession."

"Prized possession?" - Louie whispered.

"Long story." - She replied.

"Enough, get em' boys!" Ma Beagle bellowed and all the Beagle Boys advanced on the pair.

Louie took a step forward and mustered all the courage he had. - "ENOUGH!" - The Beagle Boys stopped dead in their tracks and Ma Beagle even looked taken aback by his shout.

"You and your legion of offspring won't take another step towards us!"

"And why is that?" 

A grin plastered on Louie's face. - "Because of him... Hi'ya Uncle Scrooge!" - Louie greeted waving his hand.

Ma Beagle went white and so did her many children. - "Look Scrooge. I.. I didn't mean n..no harm." - Turning to face... no one. - "Uh h'what." - She turned back to the two con-artists or more precisely where they were standing.

"WHERE THEY'D GO!" - Ma Beagle hit Burger over the head with her cane.

"I DON'T KNOW MA!' Burger cried.

Goldie and Louie sprinted past numerous abandoned train's and through deserted buildings.

"That was a good idea sharpie, how'd you think that up."

"Well I wondered what scared Ma Beagle the most and them I remembered how when I stole her and all the other villains treasure, they were terrified of Scrooge."

"You have to tell me that story." - Goldie demanded as the two of them stopped to take a break.

"later... first you tell me why the Beagle Boys are determined to hunt you down." - He huffed.

"Well... they're hunting me because I took this. - She brandished a diamond bracelet from her purse.

"They're hunting you for a trinket?"

"This 'Trinket'  has a lot of history behind. Some people will pay boatloads for items like these."

"So you're not only a con-artist but a thief." 

"For the right price."

"So how much is 'Boatloads' ?" - Louie inquired.

"Millions sometimes billions."

"So... need a partner?" - He asked.

"What happened to goin' to your Uncle Donald's?"

"That was before I heard there was a chance to make millions!"

"Well for your information I'm not interested in a partner."

He rubbed the back of his neck. - "Oh... ok then." 

"But I may be looking for an apprentice." - Louie smiled at that. - "You know this life's gonna be dangerous, right?"

"Well I've done dangerous with a bunch of people who weren't like me. Maybe I should try it with someone who's more like me."

The two stood in silence until Goldie spoke up. - "Well c'mon kid we've got to deliver a bracelet and you've got a story to tell me."

Thank you for reading Destiny Ch.4, hope to see you in Ch.5 and I also would like to here feedback. -MM