13. Unlucky Uncle.

A few days had passed since the McDuck clan had retrieved the Sabre of Serendipity from it's temple situated in the Spanish jungles, Louie had spent the past few days relaxing and regaining his strength, mostly in his room and 2 rooms of McDuck Manor he'd never explored before, the Library and the Gym.

The family's last adventure had reinforced Louie's resolve to escape, so he was currently looking for a way out of his ankle-monitor without alerting anyone, his previous attempts had fallen short so he turned to more convoluted methods. That's why he had spent the past 2 days cooped up in the library, where most of Scrooge's magical tomes were situated.

Though Scrooge claimed he despised magic and claimed it was a 'crutch', he probably had the largest collection of magic artifacts and paraphernalia in the world.

Louie sat on one of the two sofas in the room, and had his  feet propped up on the large coffee table that separated them, the book he was in grossed in was a small yet heavy blue book, titled 'Simplistic Magic Volume 2'. He had flicked through volume 1 which consisted of basic magical history, proper spell pronunciation and the constant repetition of the primary rules of magic."

Louie flipped to a random page and recited the spell. - "esiR...esiR...esiR!" - Louie read aloud, watching in shock and awe as another tome that he'd left on the coffee table floated about a foot in the air.

"Louie are you in here?" - Webby called opening the door, Louie turned his attention to the door, and the second he looked away from the floating book it dropped, he managed to catch the book before it hit the table, quickly hiding it behind his back.

"Yeah, Webs I'm in here." - Louie responded, watching as the female duck poked her head through the door for a split second, before pulling back out of the room, he listened closely, hoping to hear when she opened the door, while he hid all the magical books he was reading, knowing that Webby would ask to many questions if she knew he was studying magic. He managed to hide every book under the sofa before Webby entered the room. Apart from the one he was currently reading, which he'd stashed away in one of the many inner pockets of his new trademark jacket.

She entered into the room backwards, obviously talking to someone. - "I present to you... Du Du Duh!" - She imitated a trumpet. - "Louie Duck!" - Louie held back at cringing of the use of his former surname, and watched as Webby opened the door and ushered in Violet and Lena.

Like most people from his previous life, the Sabrewing sisters hadn't really changed since he'd left, they had the same style of clothes and same physical appearance. The only thing different about them was their height.

Lena and Violet greeted. - "Hey."

"Hello." - Louie responded. Their conversation was of course, strained. Lena and Violet were Webby's friends, the only interaction he had with them is when they were hanging out with Webby in the manor or the occasional adventure together.

A few moments of awkward silence passed before someone spoke. - "Well, I'll let you carry on." - Louie remarked, bee-lining towards the exit.

"No!" - Webby said quickly. - "We interrupted you. We should let you carry on." - She apologised.

"Yeah. What were you doing anyway?" - Lena asked, Louie stopped dead, she was suspicious and knew her magic. She would figure him out in a heartbeat.

"Reading." - He said nonchalantly as he could.

Her eyes narrowed. - "What were you reading?" 

"This." - He said, pulling the book that he'd stashed in his coat. He drew it, but kept the back facing them, so to them it looked like a normal book, and he was the only one to see the large magical scripture on the cover.

"What is it about?" - Violet asked.

He was quick to come up with a lie, but was stopped from responding by a loud smashing sound coming from downstairs, which took everyone's attention off of him.

The four criss-crossed through the Manor, staying away from multiple dangerous objects that decorated the Manor's many hallways, and arrived at the top of the grand staircase, where they were able to see a rapidly moving blur, wreaking havoc downstairs, looking closer, Louie could make out a blue sailor suit.

"Uncle Donald?" - Louie asked, while he smiling genuinely for the his first time since he got back.

"Louie!" - Donald stopped his rampage through the manor to stare at the young duck, before rocketing up the stairs and enveloping him in a hug. - "Where have you been? Are you okay? Have you been eating right?" - Donald asked, holding Louie in a hug so tight, he thought his ribs were breaking.c

"I'm... fine... Uncle... Donald!" - Louie managed to choke out, answering the question he deemed most important. - "Can you let me go? You're crushing me!" - He slowly let go of him, the pair just stood and stared at each other, after a few minutes of comfortable silence, Louie spoke up. - "Well as much as I'd love to continue this on the stairs, how about we move somewhere else?"

-------------

 "So yeah. I basically spent the past two years travelling the world." - Louie took a sip of his diet pep, summarising his answer to Donald's question on where he had been. He of course left out certain specific details, such as training under Goldie and certain things he'd done, in fear of one of the other people asking a question he didn't want to answer. Even though he'd wanted to talk to his Uncle privately, and had mentioned this many times, everyone else hadn't taken 'No' for an answer.

Donald took a sip of his coffee, processing Louie's tale, ignoring all the thoughts of the dangerous things his nephew had done and all the anxiety he felt and asked the question he'd been thinking since Della told his Louie had run away. - "Why?" 

Louie had been dreading that question. He was glad that no one else in the manor had cared enough to ask, they were too wrapped up in their own egos to think about anyone else. He looked sombrely at his uncle. - "I just needed a change of pace. Adventuring wasn't really me." 

While everyone else nodded and acknowledged Louie's lie as the truth, Donald knew better. He could tell when Louie was lying, so he also knew this wasn't the real reason why he left. But instead of calling him out on his lie in front of everybody, Donald kept quiet and hoped louie would tell him in private later, as Donald knew, even though Louie was the youngest, he was the definitely the most grounded of the triplets.

"Anyway, enough about me. How are you?" - Louie asked sincerely.

"Great!" - Donald beamed. - "Since Daisy's business took off, She and I have been working to expand and we've finally gotten the opportunity to, so we've been working non-stop on a few projects." - Louie did notice how though Donald looked quite tired, he'd somehow looked even more content.

"So how long are you going to be around anyway?"  - Louie was torn between wanting him to be around and hoping he'd leave so he wouldn't hurt him when he left again.

"As long as I can."

Thanks for reading Ch.13 of 'Destiny' - A Ducktales fanfic, I'm sorry for the late upload and crappy ending, I've been spending my time, planning the future of this and my other 2 active stories, as well as playing 'Ghost of Tshunima'. I hoped to get to Ch.20 before School restarted, but now I'll be lucky to get to Ch.15. Anyway hope you comment, vote, follow and read ch.14. - MM