22. The one-eyed beggar.

*Quick note - I just recently watched 'The Forbidden fountain of the Foreverglades', 'Lets get Dangerous' and "Escape from the Impossibin' I just wanted to say I loved them all, and how Louie has taken a bigger role as a more capable character, Now in my mind teenage Louie looks like teenage Scrooge, same haircut and everything, the only thing different is that he does not have the sideburns growing in, Huey and Dewey look similar but still somewhat different, anyway expect a Darkwing Duck chapter in the future. 

 "Aaahhh." - Remi Bernard stretched out in her airplane seat, before crossing her arms behind her head. 

"Enjoying yourself?" - Her partner commented, going through the profile of Louie Gold she'd had made when she'd started the case.

"Yeah, I never got this sort of foot-room in coach."

"Well Interpol Agents don't have access to a private jet." - Agent 44 quipped, flipping to the next page of the profile. - "Hey quick question, do people really call this kid, 'The Picasso of Crime'?"

Bernard took a sip of her water. - "Some do, Gold's gained many nicknames throughout his career."

"Really, like what?"

"Uh... 'The Picasso of Crime', 'The Prince of Thieves', 'The Mouth', 'The Emerald eyed sly talker', 'The Con-Artist King', 'The forger fanatic'..." - She rattled off from memory.

44 closed the manilla folder. - "When a crook earns nicknames like that, they're usually a pro. How'd you catch him?"

"I had an informant. He helped me track Gold's movements and once I had enough information I caught him mid-heist."

"Who was your informant?"

"Some low life called Wade Orm." - She said with distaste.

"Why don't we start our hunt with him then, it sounds like he's got some contacts that could help us catch this 'Con-Artist King'." - He suggested.

"Good idea." - Bernard complimented, she unbuckled her seatbelt before moving to the front of the plane. - "Pilot, take us to New York."

---------------

 New York City. AKA The Big Apple, home to many of the greatest monuments on Earth, including The Statue of Liberty, Central park and the seediest bar in the northern hemisphere: The One-Eyed Beggar.

After picking enough pockets to afford travel out of the country, an agonizingly long flight, and a taxi ride, Louie had arrived back in the city and right outside the bar.

Stepping through the doors, Louie took it all in, the smoky smell, the sticky floors, single flickering lightbulb... he loved it all. There was one thing Louie found strange however, was how empty the place seemed to be, it was usually packed, with people drinking, chatting, and doing under the table deals.

Louie took a seat at the bar. - "Uh. Barkeep?" - He waved, watching as a familiar face stepped out of the back-room. - "Rebecca?"

A wide smile engulfed the girl's face. - "Mr. Gold! What happened? I haven't seen you in ages!"

"I've been busy." - He brushed the question off. - "So did you get a promotion?"

"Yep, I'm no longer a waitress!" - She beamed.

"That's great!" 

"I know! So do you wan't you're usual?" - She asked, calming down.

"Uh, no thanks, I do have a question though: Where is everybody?" - He asked.

"Oh, they're in the back-room."

"The back-room?" - Louie said, sounding very confused.

She began cleaning a glass. - "Yeah we had to move all 'activities' there, due to the breach."