19. Island Escapades.

*30/8/2020 - WE ARE #1 IN DUCKTALES!*

 Louie's escape wasn't going as planned. Things started off good, his idea to control the adventure and his escape from the plane went perfectly, but during his free fall, is when he began to experience the obstacles.

He burst through the cloud layer and rocketed closer and closer towards the ground, he was about to pull his parachute and begin his short glide to the coast, when he was suddenly tackled from behind.

Looking over his shoulder, he saw Webby clinging to his back. She had trapped him in a hold where her arms were wrapped under his arms and her legs wrapped around his chest, it was a move he'd saw her use on Magica when they were younger, he use to think it was impossible to escape, now he knew better.

He first span around so he was facing the sky, since gravity was now on his side, he used Webby's slightly loosened grip to fling her off and away from him. Knowing he had a split second before Webby had reclaimed her grip on him, Louie pulled his chute, and watched as Webby dropped into the sea below as he slowly drifted to the town.

Due to Webby's impromptu hug, Louie just barely made it to shore, the second his feet touched solid ground, he unclipped himself from the parachute, and took a second to evaluate his scenario and decide on a plan, most the McDuck's were being kept busy by Charlie, so Webby was the main problem.

Louie watched as Webby cut through water faster than a torpedo, and felt his 'Fight-or-Flight' instincts kicked in, he took off running. As while he was no slouch in combat, he was not even close to being on the same level as Webby was, so combat would only be a last resort.

While he wasn't the greatest at fighting, with his expertise lying in defence combat. He was immensely good at stealth, it was the main thing Goldie had taught him, how to disappear and avoid standing out in crowds.

The first step in his three step plan to disappear was to shed his green leather coat, he then tied the sleeves around his waste, making it harder to recognise him even if someone was looking for him, as now he looked like every other duck in the city.

The 2nd step involve ditching the phone he'd been given by the McDucks, he knew it was an easy way to track him and corner and catch him, he could break it, but he had a better idea.

He nonchalantly walked past a group of tourists. (He knew they were tourists decked out in visors, hawaiian shirts and fanny packs, and were even taking a picture outside of a Souvenir shop.) And dropped the phone in one of the women's purses when no one was looking, now if they did search for the phone they would be sent on a wild goose chase. Giving him more time to escape.

His third and final step to escape, was to get to the boat that was stashed at Skafos Dock and leave the island and his family forever. Now if his memory serves him right, the dock was just down the street.

But before he disappeared again, he had to check that the rest of his plan was going correctly, he watched as Charlie's plain crashed down into the ocean, he expected that by now, Della would've taking control of the plane and immediately crashed it into the sea in hopes of following her.

With a smile on his face and his hands clasped behind his back, Louie walked down the street to the dock, he recalled the name of the boat that Matthew texted him, the Scarlett II. Named after John Kovax's second in command Holly Scarlett.

Stepping on to the dock, Louie's smile fell, this was something he couldn't have predicted, this was just plain bad luck. A large boat sat in the middle of the harbour, a boat Louie knew very well, the large rusty hull, the black and red sails, and the numerous pirates that littered the deck, made Louie almost want to turn around and go back to the McDuck's.

Deciding that he had come to far to turn back, Louie just hoped no one would recognise him. But Louie knew his luck was never that good, as the second he stepped on to the dock, he was swarmed by a bunch of modern day pirates.

"Well, if it ain't Louie Gold." - A deep voice boomed across the dock and greeted Louie like an old friend.

"GoldTooth... Long time no see buddy." - He said, plastering on a fake smile. - "Why the last time I saw you was-"

"The Davenport yacht." - GoldTooth interrupted. - "You remember that job, everything was going great, then suddenly you disappeared with the 12M in Jewels and sabotaged our engines leaving us stranded in the middle of the ocean for 3 days."

Louie tried retreating to actual land but backed into 2 of GoldTooth's thugs.

"Well I admit what I did was wrong, I'm a different person now."

"Different person?" - He laughed, which was followed up by a laugh from GoldTooth's underlings, when the laughing died down, GoldTooth continued. - "So you claim you're different person?"

"Uh... yeah." - Another chuckle fest happened, even Louie had his own awkward chuckle.

GoldTooth's tone shifted drastically. - "Grab his arms."

"Come on guys." - Louie remarked, as the two guys behind him each grabbed one of his arms.

GoldTooth stared him dead in the eyes, as he reached inside his jacket and pulled out a pair of knuckledusters. - "This is going to hurt Lou." - He smirked, quickly winding up and throwing a punch.

The punch missed though, flying right over the ducked Louie, and instead hitting the guy holding his right arm.

"Oo, that did look like it hurt." - Louie quipped as GoldTooth attempted a second punch.

Instead of ducking like the first time, Louie used his new found freedom to throw his other captor in front of him, and used him to shield him from the incoming attack. Before GoldTooth could throw a third punch, Louie kicked him hard in the guts, sending him back into a couple of oil drums that sat further down the dock.

"You were the never the brightest bulb, were you Toothy."

"LOUIE!" - Della screamed and he suddenly went from cocky, arrogant conman to remembering why he was here in the first. 

He cursed himself for being so careless, there was no way he could start the boat and escape now. He needed time to think of a new plan, but he also needed space between him and the others. 

He looked back to see everyone guarding the entrance to the dock, so now he was stuck on the dock with one to go, he turned around and sprinted to the edge of the dock, evaluating his situation, he saw three choices.

1 - Go back to the McDucks.

2 - Give himself up to GoldTooth and his gang of pirates.

3 - Swim for it.

None of the options seemed very appealing to him but had to make a choice, and so he dived into the water and began swimming with all his might, making a decent distance away from everyone, before he felt his arms begin to give out. 

He stopped and took a moment to wonder how far he could get like this, he needed a break, a sign from the gods, a reason to not give up.

"Hey are you alright?" - It seemed his message was heard, as some guy and his friends pulled up on jet-ski's pulled up to see if he needed assistance.

"Yeah, I 'ah' hurt my shoulder, can you give me 'h a lift back to shore?" - Louie asked in a pain voice.

"Sure man, hop on." - The guy smiled, and Louie almost felt bad for lying to the guy, but he had to do what he needed, so after climbing on to the back of the jet-ski, Louie pushed the nice guy off and speed off. 

As he sped off, he thought about how he again was finally think.

Oh, how wrong he was...

Thanks for reading Ch.19 of 'Destiny!' Again we are #1 in Ducktales, which I think is amazing becuase this isn't a DeweyCentric story, (Quick Question: Do any of you like Dewey, as I personally think he's the worst character, which is sad cause I love RC9GN) Anyway I hope you vote, comment, follow me and Read Ch.20 (We're almost there!) -MM