9. House arrest.

The voice sent a chill down Louie's spine, the sophisticated yet intimidating voice could only belong to one person. - "Mrs. Beakley, it's been a while. Hasn't it?"

The housekeeper narrowed her yes at the young thief. - "Not long enough." - She took a step forward. -  "If it was up to me, You'd be locked away. Instead you're here. So be thankful."

Louie stood strong against the older duck's threats. - "Don't worry, I won't be here long."

Mrs. Beakley chuckled at that, and Louie swore that was the first time he'd ever heard her laugh. - "You won't be escaping, as long i'm still in control of this." - She pulled the remote and Louie's launched at her, but she easily avoided him. - "Now, go wash up. Dinner is in 10 minutes."

Louie landed on his feet. And Mrs. Beakley retreated back into the dining room, to set the table. Leaving Louie alone with Agent Bernard. - "So Louie DUCK." - Bernard began, putting emphasis on Duck. - "You'd better hope, we don't cross paths again, because next time, you won't end up in some mansion in DuckBerg. You'll be spending the rest of your days in a SuperMax in some desolate third world country."

"Don't worry about it, Bernard. You won't catch me a second time."

She scoffed and opened the front door. - "See ya' DUCK."

"It's Gold. Louie Gold" - Louie corrected.

"Then goodbye, Gold."

"Goodbye Bernard." - Bernard left the manor, and Louie went to the dining room. Dreading the most awkward dinner, ever.

--------------

Louie was right, the dinner was awkward, painful even. He'd forget how good of a cook Beakley was, she was on par with some of the world class chefs, he'd eaten with. But he couldn't enjoy the lasagne, due to being put off by Dewey's horrendous table manners.

Huey's never-ending questions were getting on his nerves as well. He felt like he was being interrogated, and he had been interrogated enough for one week.

Scrooge's rant about how being a thief wasn't an honest way to make money, and how it was good for him to be back so he could learn the 'right-way' to make money. Had Louie rolling his eyes.

And finally, Della's constant staring was annoying him, she hadn't blinked once since dinner began, she choose stared at him and ate her dinner.

The only person, who wasn't annoying him was Webby, she was polite, easy to talk to, and didn't spend the entire dinner staring at him.

"So how many countries did you visit Louie?" - Huey asked, before rambling about how countries he and the rest of the family had gone to, on their adventures.

"That's enough questions. Hubert." - Dewey cut him off, which Louie would've been grateful for, if not for the way Dewey punctuated every word through spitting a piece of food across the table. - "I've been learning to FLY, Louie! Isn't that cool?" - Telling another story about himself, in a volume too high for Louie's liking.

"Yeah... that's cool." - Louie mumbled while poking at his food.

"Somethin' wrong with tha food, Lad?"

"Nah, i'm just not hungry."

Della frowned at him. - "Are you sick?'

"Nope." 

"Then what's wrong."

"I'm just... tired. I'm gonna to go to bed." - Louie expressed, getting up fro the table and heading to his room, ignoring the request for him to stay and finish dinner. Louie shuffled up the stairs, slipped into his room, and collapsing on his bed.

Louie had no idea how he was going to survive this hell.

--------------

Della woke up, bright and early for once. Getting dressed and tiptoeing down the hallway, she had one goal in mind. Make Louie the most amazing 'Welcome Home.' Breakfast ever, But first she needed assistants.

Dewey, Huey and Webby were as eager to give Louie an amazing welcome home as well. Even though last night's dinner may have been tense, they were sure they could turn it around and be a family again.

"Okay, from what I remember about Louie, is that he should be asleep until 10am," - Huey so we have just under an hour to cook breakfast."

But trouble had began the moment they stepped foot in the kitchen, Della wasn't that compatent of a cook, so she relied on her 3 assistants, who each had very distinct cooking styles.

Huey would follow the recipe step-by-step, throwing the while thing away if it wasn't perfect.

Dewey would through every ingredient into a bowl and mix it together. Making an inedible blob and wasting lots of their ingredients.

Webby had been taught the basics by her Granny, so they decided to elect her head-chef, which Huey resented, because he thought he should be head-chef. Dewey and Webby had voted against him, in fear of the power going to his head.

Webby had decided to cook a basic breakfast of bacon and eggs. But it wasn't so simple for them, Huey had rebelled and decided to cook his own breakfast, Dewey kept ruining the meal by adding sugar and sprinkles to it and claimed he was trying to make the meal more exciting. At one point Della had set the sink on fire, which took up the majority of the hour trying to put out.

They had run out of ingredients at one point and their original plan of basic bacon and eggs had turned into a bowl of 'Sugar-Bombs'.

"Do you think he'll like it?" - Della asked unsure.

"Yep, Louie loves this stuff."

"Louie loves what?" - Louie entered the kitchen.

Dewey clarified. - "Sugar-Bombs! They're your favourite cereal."

"Uh, I hate those things, they taste like cardboard covered in sweetener."

"You used to love Sugar-Bombs."

"I did, back when I was 12."

"What are you doing up? You should be in bed for approximately another 12 and a half minutes."

"I've been up since six."

"SIX?" - The rest of the Duck's collectively gasp.

"Yeah. I got up, made breakfast and went for a run around McDuck Manor."

"Wait, you made breakfast?" - Louie was beginning to get annoyed, why was it so hard to see him doing anything productive.

"Yeah, I mad an omelet."

"Wait where's all the dishes?"

"I cleaned up."

Mrs. Beakley entered the kitchen, carrying cleaning equipment. - "Which is what the rest of you'll be doing. Until my Kitchen is back to its former glory." - She handed each of the 4 a mop.

"Hey Louie..." - Della turned to her youngest, only to see him gone, he having already ascended the stairs and resolved to take a shower. Leaving Huey, Dewey, Webby and Della to clean the once spotless kitchen and deal with Mrs. Beakley's wrath.

Louie didn't get a chance to take a shower though, as he ran into Scrooge before he could make it to the bathroom.

"Ah, Louie, Just the lad I was lookin' for, back your bags, cause we're going on an adventure!"

Thank you for reading Ch.9 of 'Destiny!' Hope you comment, vote and read Ch.10 -MM