33. Betrayal.

*First, I've decided to power through the next few chapters, so I'll be able to post the final chapter on the same day as the finale. And second, 'The life and times of Scrooge Mcduck' was an amazing Louie episode, if you haven't watched. GO WATCH IT!*

 Louie felt his muscles burn as he sprinted through the streets of St.Canard. He was exhausted before he began to run, but now it felt like his heart was about to burst out of his chest.

Slowing down as he exited an alleyway, Louie quickly dove backwards as a police-cruiser zoomed by. Once he was sure it had passed, he silently thanked the vehicle for giving him a second to catch his breath before breaking back into a sprint.

He pushed his body to the limits to try and arrive at his destination quicker, already running late to his meeting to Matthew on the docks, where the two would begin their hunt for the treasure. Unfortunately it seemed fate had other plans.

In a split-second something had latched onto his leg and he was dragged into an another alley and restrained from a pipe that ran from one building to the other.

"Oh it's you." - Louie remarked, staring at Quiverwing, who from his angle was upside-down.

"Yeah it's me." - She replied, sounding smug. - "Bet you thought you escaped."

"I may have..." - Angling his head, Louie used the sword to severe the wire holding him up, as he dropped, he flipped and landed on his feet. Noticing the heroine's crossbow trained on him, he took a step back. - "Calm down, I just don't want all my blood rushing to my head."

"I can fix that." - Before the thief could object, she shot a net-bolt at him which unfurled and wrapped around him, he struggled, but since he couldn't really move his legs, he fell over.

"On second thought, dangling from a pipe doesn't seem so bad."

Quiverwing turned around and began reloading her crossbow, seemingly ignoring Louie. 

"You were a lot more chatty before... You still upset because you needed your Daddy to save you?" - His tone mimicking one that somebody would use with a baby.

"Y'know I'm jealous of you." - She said, fitting a different head on her loaded cross bolt.

"Why? Is it my good looks, my amazing intellect, my modesty?"

"No. You have a family that loves you."

Louie groaned as he rolled onto his side. - "Did you hear any of my rant in the museum?" - The arbalist didn't respond, which ironically gave the thief the answer he needed. - "So that's a no."

"It doesn't matter what you said, Dewey told me everything."

"Dewey?" - He laughed. - "Dewey is the most unreliable narrator ever! If it's a story that doesn't involve him, he doesn't care, and if it is about him, he embellishes everything." - He rolled back onto his back. - "Do you want to hear the actual story?

"Why not." - The heroine leaned against a wall. - "It doesn't matter what you say, you're still going to jail."

"Yeah, yeah I know, I don't know what Dewey told you about me, but I was the youngest McDuck, my brothers and I were raised by my Uncle Donald due to out Mother abandoning us before we hatched. We grew up poor, and didn't know of our rich family until we were 10, then I spent a year nearly dying on adventure after adventure, then my Mom came back out of nowhere... and then for 3-years I was in hell, blamed for every mistake, ignored, left-behind..." - Louie stopped talking. - "So I left, and yeah, I don't lead the most honest of lives, but I'm not a bad person."

Gosalyn was at a loss for words, what Dewey had told seemed to be only positive, and he painted Louie as an ungrateful criminal, but now it seemed he was more of a tragic hero.