2. Escaping Duckberg.

Leaving his bedroom and scaling down the drainpipe from his open window, Louie had found himself standing in McDuck Manor's courtyard. Pulling his hood over his head he thought to the escape plane had created (Made after Glomgold's invasion, for emergency purposes.) There was a slight problem though where we he go? But that thought could wait he first had to leave.

Checking his phone, Louie realised there was about 2 hours before his brothers and his bedtime, so about only two hours before anyone checked on him, so he had to be quick to get out of the manor and the town, following the plan he made Louie snuck through the courtyard and past the many windows that littered the walls of the Manor. His plan went perfectly, he avoided the few cameras there were and ducking under the windows that had lights on, the only time he stopped was when he passed by a window that looked into the den of the Manor.

Staring into the room Louie felt even angrier than he already did, His family was in there joking, talking, drinking Hot-Chocolate and acting if he didn't exist. He could feel his face go red and his hands clench tight, like Uncle Donald did after his bad luck caused something to blow up in his face.

The he had an epiphany, he could stay at Uncle Donald's! He and Daisy had moved together to St. Canard, Donald would take him in, and then he could have a normal life away from constant adventure and danger. 

After hopping the external wall and walking down the hill the Manor sat on, Louie first goal was certain, he had to get to Genuine Goods Pawnshop before it closed, there he could pawn off one of the artifacts in his bag for a decent price an be able to buy a first class train ticket to St. Canard and start his new life.

As he walked through Duckberg he realised how desolate the streets were at night, during the day the place was packed, full of tourists, shoppers and citizens going about their day-to-day lives.

Probably home with their families. He thought, the pain of what had happened earlier finally bubbling to the surface and he felt tears prick his eyes. No! He wouldn't cry, he wasn't going to be the timid little boy everyone thought he was.

Wiping his face on his hoodie's sleeve he made it to the Pawnshop, the light was still on but the door was locked.

There was only one thing to do now. He raised his fist to the door. BANG! BANG! BANG! 

The door swung open revealing a large duck carrying a baseball bat. - "You damn debt collectors don't know when to quit, do yo.. Oh hey Louie."

"Hey Paulie." - Paulie, the owner of this this fine establishment was a good guy, He had even had given Louie his first real job before Scrooge made him quit as it wasn't an 'honest way to make money."

"What do ya' need kid?"

"How muck would you pay for this." - Louie asked pulling out a gold doubloon he had gotten after an encounter with a gang of ghost pirates.

Taking the coin, Paulie bit it. - "This is the real deal kid. I'd give ya' maybe $400."

"Great, your buying it right?"

"No way, I barely have 300 in the till."

"Oh... Well here." He dumped the rest of his treasures on the counter.  - "You can have all of this for the all the money in the till." - Louie was sad to leave all this treasures for a fraction of its value but it was for a good cause.

Paulie's jaw dropped. - "I cant except this kid, its way too much."

"Paulie don't make this any more awkward than it already is" - Paulie nodded silently and gave Louie the $278 and 32cents and louie made his way to the door.

"Bye, Paulie."

"You goin' somewhere kid?"

"I'm starting fresh, It was good to know you Paulie."

"Was good to know ya' too Louie." - The door shut behind him.

Thanks for reading Ch. 2 of Destiny! Hope to see you in Ch. 3 - MM