18. S.H.U.S.H

Lyon, France. 2:10pm.

 On the 8th floor of the Interpol building, sits the White Collar Division, the division responsible dealing with the largest cases of art theft, fraud and forgery in the world, leading the amalgamation of Agents, is Remi Bernard, the Agent was recently promoted to Sergeant after her capture of number 4 on Interpol's Most wanted list, Louie Gold.

Sergeant Bernard stood in her office, going over one of the numerous case files that littered her desk, she had them organised into two piles, cases that interested her and case that didn't.

The current file she was looking over was a strange one, a priceless diamond neckless stolen from an impenetrable vault, and the camera's didn't catch anything. She took a second to think about it before deciding that the case interested her, she placed it in the corresponding pile.

With the last file sorted, she called in one of her underlings to collect the files she didn't find interesting, this was the best part of her new promotion, being able to pick and choose the cases she wanted and delegate the ones she didn't.

Out of the 30 cases she'd been given, she had only found two to interest her, the necklace one and a an art forgery case. Skimming through the two cases, she decided to work on the forgery one first, deciding it was a more pressing case than the theft.

Two counterfeit paintings were found in the National Gallery in London, both Picasso's. 

That brought a smile to Bernard's face, she wondered how the 'Picasso of Crime' was doing, she hadn't had any complaints from any of the McDucks yet, which was good. The last time she saw him was when she'd dropped him off in the manor. She'd then taken a week off to celebrate, before she started her new position as leader of the White Collar division. 

She'd spent a year of her life chasing him, and while it was probably the most difficult case of her career, it was also the most rewarding, now ever case seemed to be a disappointment.

She was so engrossed by her daydream, she didn't even notice her phone ring the first time, she did notice it on its second ring though.

"Hel-" - She didn't manage to finish her greeting before she was cut off by a frantic della.

"Louie's ran away!"

"WHAT!" - She jumps up, knocking over her coffee in the process. - "HOW?"

"We were on an plane, and he says he needs to stretch his legs, so he gets up and moves to the back of the plane and then suddenly there's an open door and he's gone"

"Well shouldn't the ankle-monitor of tased him into oblivion."

"He slipped his ankle monitor!"

Bernard's eyes go wide. - "That's impossible."

"Well he did it!" - Della snapped.

"Why hasn't anyone told me." - Bernard asks under her breath. If Louie's did run, someone should have known, and have told her.

"Bernard, you still there?"

"Yeah... Yeah, I'm still here."

"Like I was saying, we went after him." - Della pats the shivering Webby on the shoulder. - "But he managed to swim to shore and disappeared in the crowds.

"Wait where are you?" 

"Uh..." - There's a bit of shuffling on the other end. - "Paros... Paros, Greece"

"I'll be there as soon as I can." - Hanging up the phone, Bernard grabs her beige trench-coat off the back of her chair, and sprints out of her office and into the nearest elevator.