5. One Year later.

A lot had happened in one year...

One year ago he was Louie Duck: great-nephew of the legendary Scrooge McDuck; below average adventurer; scared kid; failed businessman; and an outcast.

But Louie Duck was dead, and with his passing came the birth of something new... Something better!

Now he was Louie Gold; Apprentice of the infamous Goldie O'Gilt; above average forger; daring theif; successful con-artist; and still an outcast.

While he was still an outcast, he wasn't alone anymore, having forged multiple friendships, most being his first friends that wasn't apart of his immediate family or close family-friend.

A year ago he would've been dirty, tired and wet from an exploration into some collapsing temple. Now he was at a mansion, in a tuxedo, rubbing elbows with some of the richest people on the earth... And he was going to rob them.

Ducking out of the party and into a connecting hallway, Louie avoided cameras and guards as he stealthily made his way to house's vault where most of the guests had kept their valuables for the evening and when he said valuables he didn't mean purses and wallets, he meant ancient artifacts worth a fortune.

This was no ordinary party though, this was a private auction for the wealthy elite. Here they would sell their treasures they'd collected from around the world.

"I still can't believe you traded General Aktor's Ruby dagger for an invite to this party." - Louie spoke.

A voice calls out, across his Comms. - "It was for the greater good, Sharpie... The dagger was hardly worth anything compared to what we're stealing."

"Still giving up a treasure, it's a sickening thought, O'Gilt."

"Well, it should be in the vault with all the other treasures, maybe you could grab it and put it back where it belongs?"

"A Russian embassy?"

"I was more thinking our pockets, kid."

Louie stood in front of the giant vault door. -  "Well if you want any treasures. You'd better hurry up and copy that Key-Card.

"Are you sure this will work?" - Goldie asked, fiddling with device in her palm.

"I trust Amelia and she said the device she made worked, so I choose to believe her."

"What would happen if I just ran up, punched him and stole the card?"

"We'd have a repeat of India." - Goldie shivered, she'd remembered how bad India went.

Goldie casually walked over to the host of the nights activities, Sebastian King, Millionaire, egomaniac and a crime lord.

"Mr. King." Goldie greeted.

"Ah, I'm sorry but I don't know who you are."

"Doesn't matter who I am, tell me about yourself." - Goldie asked, spending the next 20 minutes listening to the man talk about himself. Allowing her to scan the key card in his blazers pocket.

"You got that kid?"

"What the Key-Card scan or how King's got 4 yachts." - Goldie chuckled at her apprentice, while Louie pulls a device out if his suit's pocket.

"Now if I'm not mistaken, this device should mimic the Key-Card and allow me to access the vault." - attaching the device to the vault, the door opens almost instantly.

"2 minutes till the guards switch positions."

Quickly grabbing the spoils of the heist, Louie leaps out of the vault, grabbing his device and leaving no trace of his presence, except his business card.

Louie Gold
Master Thief
Master Con-artist
Master Forger
Thanks for the Treasure.

Goldie silently left the party as well, no one noticing her leave, the two metting on the outskirts of King's compounds where they had hidden their escape vehicle. The two pile into the car. With Goldie as the first to speak.

"You get it?"

"Yep and something extra." - Louie says handing her the Ruby dagger.

"This can go back in its display case where it belongs."

"Hey remember what we did all this for." - Louie says pulling out the ebony jewel.

"The eclipse diamond, it's absolutely gorgeous." - She states mesmerized by it beauty.

"We can look at it later, let's go before we get caught." - Louie urges.

The two speed off towards the airport, to catch their flight out if the country before anything bad happens.

The two arrived at the airport an hour before their flight was supposed to take off.

"Come on we still got to go through security." - Louie stated, a smile on his face.

Goldie stated at her young apprentice. - "Louie we need to talk, the last year's been great. It's been so nice having someone to watch my back, but I think it's time we split ways."

Louie's smile fell. - "Why? What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing, you're the greatest apprentice I could've asked for. You're clever, You're dedicated, You're skilled, but I've taught you all I know, you're as a good as a Con-artist as me... If not better."

Louie stated at her confused. - "What do I do now?"

"You take all the things I taught you and you create your own story."

Louie took a deep breath and Goldie pulled him in for a hug. - "Besides this isn't that last time we'll see each other, there's Christmas and we'll compete with each other in heists.

"You're the best thing to ever happen to me." - Louie mumbled into her collar.

"No you're the best thing to happen to me to, Sharpie."

Louie got out of the car and grabbed his backpack as Goldie waved goodbye and drive off.

Leaving Louie to wonder...

'What comes next?'

Thank you for reading Ch.5 of Destiny! Hope you enjoyed it and can't wait to see you in Ch.6 -MM