15. Scam of the Century.

*A few things I want to say... 1. We got to 2k reads. 2. We're number #1 in DeweyDuck 8-8-2020. (We also hit #1 in Della, I just didn't forgot to mention it.) So thank you all for that, Anyway on to the story.*

 Scrooge McDuck felt a lot of emotions while walking through his Manor. His normal feeling were...

Pride: From seeing his achievements and treasures decorating his walls as trophies from his great adventures. 

Anticipation: From the empty stands, just waiting to be filled with new treasures and artifacts.

And, Happiness: From having his house filled with family once again.

But today, he felt another feeling swell in him, Excitement! Today he had a meeting with a Kovax! A real descendant of the Johnathan Kovax! Yeah, the meeting was about negotiating a trade deal between McDuck Industries and Kovax Enterprises. But he could find a way to subtly bring up the treasure.

Finding Kovax's treasure was him dream, everyone legend or folktale he heard about Kovax, just made him want to find the treasure even more, it was even on his bucket list, right alongside beating the Loch-Ness-Monster in a game of cards.

He was on his way to the front door, to greet his guest, one hand clasped behind his back, the other twirling his cane between his fingers, when he ran into Louie.

The green clad duck smiled his award winning smile and acted like running into his great uncle was an accident, but was in actually the Con-man's plan, he needed to get into that meeting pronto.

Louie began the encounter. - "How are you today, Uncle Scrooge?" 

"Positively ecstatic, my boy!" - He beamed.

"It's great to see you in such an amazing mood."

"It's great to be in such an amazing mood!"

"Say," - Louie feigned interest. - "What's got you in such a mood, today?"

"I've got a major meeting today." 

"Wait. I thought you said meeting's were boring?" 

"This one won't be." - He spoke, wagging his finger in his youngest nephews face.

"Why?" - He spoke as innocently as possible.

"Because I have a meeting with a descendant of Johnathan Kovax! The most legendary pirate that ever sailed the seas, see the - " - Louie just tuned him out at the point, for listening to Uncle Scrooge tell him all about a legend he already knew... Was almost as boring as listening to him talk about a legend he didn't know about.

---------------

 "And that's how the legend ends." - Scrooge wrapped up. What should have been a 10 minute story had turned into an hour long story. By the time he was done, Louie was so bored, he had to continuously pinch himself to stay awake.

"Wow, Uncle Scrooge this Kovax guy sounds so interesting... do you think I can sit in on this meeting?"

Scrooge looked at him sceptically. - "I don't know? It's a very important meeting."

Louie knew this might happen, Scrooge was very protective of his business, so he had a contingencies planned. To get in on the meeting he had to play to every McDuck's achilles heel, their ego.

"Oh, I understand Uncle Scrooge, I was hoping to get some business advice from you, since you know, you're the world's greatest businessman." - He acted dejected, yet hid his smirk when he saw Scrooge smile grow, then he knew he had him hook, line and sinker.

"Well I suppose this meeting would be good for you." - Scrooge spoke, scratching his whiskers.

"Thank you, Uncle Scrooge."

A loud ringing echoed through the house, the echo so loud that it sounded more like Church bells than any regular doorbell, but Scrooge McDuck was nothing if not theatrical.

"Mr. McDuck." - Mrs. Beakley bellowed. - "Your guests have arrived."

Louie and Scrooge made their way to their way to the Manor's main entrance and came face-to-face with 2 distinct characters. 

The first was a female duck, who Louie could only describe as the 2nd most beautiful woman he'd ever met. She had light brown feathers like that of Huey's friend Fenton, black hair styled in a bob cut and wore a dazzling scarlet dress. She wore an stern expression which resembled that of Mrs. Beakley or his friend Lucy. 

The other was a male that he assumed was the descendant of Kovax. He was a brown and white Jack Russell, like Kovax. But instead of wearing a Doublet coat and tricorn hat, he wore a fancy navy suit, one that he was sure he'd seen a gangster once wear. He also wore a pair silver circle rimmed glasses and had slicked back brown hair.

The pair were both about his age, if not slightly older.

Scrooge stepped forward and stuck his hand out. - "Welcome to my home, Mr. Kovax." 

"Please, call me Matthew." - Mr. Kovax replied, shaking Scrooge's hand.

Scrooge chuckled. - "Then call me Scrooge."

"And call me Louie."

Scrooge's eyes widened at his nephew. - "Oh, where are my manners, this is my Nephew Louie."

"Hello." - Louie spoke in the most polite tone he could muster, shaking Matthew's hand.

"This is my bodyguard June." - Matthew motioned to the girl who stood behind him.

Mrs. Beakley entered carrying a tray holding a teapot and multiple teacups. - "If you follow me, to conference room 2." - She said in a professional tone that sounded nothing like her regular self. 

"Would it be too much trouble to have our meeting, say in a lounge or den, I think conference rooms are too stuffy to have a meeting in. I like to get to know my prospective business partners personally before any contracts are drawn up." - He smiled.

Scrooge turned to Beakley in slight panic, the group watched as she whispered something in his ear, before they turned back to the group. - "If you follow me to the Den."

---------------

 "... and that's how I managed to defeat Medusa and was able to collect her gauntlets." - Scrooge joked, making everyone in the room chuckle at the old Duck's absurd anecdotes.

"I've got to say Scrooge, if you are half as good at business, as you are at telling stories. Then I see a beautiful partnership in our future." - Matthew remarked.

"I'd like to say I'm better at business than story telling." - Scrooge joked.

"Is that a fact?"

"I believe it is."

"Then I can't wait to sign some contracts." - He set his teacup down on a coaster.

"I've got some in my office, if you want sign them now." 

Matthew smile at Scrooge. - "If you bring them in here, than I think we have a deal." -Scrooge stood up and left the room, leaving Louie, Matthew and June all alone.

"So signing contracts already, that is - " - Louie was cut off.

"Let's stop the small talk, we both know the real reason i'm here." 

"Uh..." - Louie was at a lost for words. - "... And what would that be?"

Matthew smirked. - "Why... to see you Mr. Gold."

Thank you for reading Ch. 15 of 'Destiny', hope you comment, vote, follow and read Ch.16 -MM