24. Reunions and Revelations.

*I just finished watching The Great Pretender, which has given me a few ideas for this story. I also might do a Abby x Edamura fanfic in the future.*

 Walking down the streets of Brooklyn, was a weasel who was dressed in a stained creased hawaiian shirt an equally creased, equally stained pair of brown slacks, and a zebra print fedora. The weasel was having a pretty good day today: First he had managed to get himself a free breakfast, after planting a hair in his food and complaining; Then he had managed to get a decent amount of money from pawning the stuff in the purse he had stolen yesterday; and finally he managed to snatch a few coins from the church's collective basket.

He scratched his long, unkept whiskers as he walked, stopping only once to stare at his reflection in a shopfront window. He spat on his hands and ran through him his hair, slicking it back and before pulling finger guns, revealing a mouth full of crooked, yellow teeth, which he promptly began picking at. Once he had gotten all of the leftover food out from between his molars, the weasel noticed the two sharply dressed bulls who strode up and stood right behind him.

"Mr. Orm." - One of the bulls greeted, clamping his hand on the weasel's shoulder. - "We need to talk."

Wade realising the situation he was in slowly turned. - "Uh... Well I'd love to fellas, but I-I'm uh... I've got to GO!" - He stammered before fleeing, clutching his fedora as he ran. 

Once he had gotten a fair distance away from the shopfront he was standing at, he checked over his shoulder, Wade Orm was startled to see the two bulls keeping with him, he ducked into an alley, hoping to lose his chasers only to run until he was trapped, with a fence cutting him off from escaping the alley through the exit and the bulls blocking the entrance.

"No where to run, Orm." - One of the bulls advanced on the retreating weasel, while the other went to keep watch.

"Come on. Can't we talk about this?"

One of the bulls slammed his fist into Wade's cheek, knocking his hat off his head. - "If you wanted to talk, you should of you should have done it before you screwed me over."

"Please... I'm sor-sorry." - Wade apologised, blood dripping from his lip.

"I didn't ask for an apology." - The main bull cranked his arm back. - "I just want my money." He threw his fist forward, but it only made half the distance to Wade's face though, with it being held back by a cane's handle.

The bull who was in the process of beating Wade into a bloody pulp, turned to see two figures, one dressed in a beige trench-coat, the other carrying a cane and dressed in a suit.

"Hey wha..." - The bull noticed his unconscious friend lying a few feet behind the interlopers. - "What did you-" - Before he could finish, the trench-coat clad women leapt up and stuck him, knocking him to the floor and out cold.

"What the hell?" - The weasel said, sounding somewhat disorientated.

"Hey Orm remember me?"

---------------

 June and Louie sat in Matthew's lounge, a scene reminiscent of the one they had shared in the lime ride over, the two engaging in a conversation where Louie was speaking 90% of the time, smiling and being his usual charming self, and June sitting stoic and stone-faced, only responding every now, never then more than a few short words.

Matthew had stepped out for a few minutes to change from his fencing gear into actual clothes, after Louie said they had to make one last stop before they could actually began planning the heist of the prayer scroll. 

"Okay, I'm ready." - Matthew's voice echoed through the spacious apartment as he stepped back into the room, now dressed in a light grey jacket over a white dress shirt, his collar hadn't been buttoned, he also wore his silver, circle-rimmed glasses.

Louie couldn't help but notice the stark difference between his and Matthew's outfits, as while outfit looked like it had just been ripped from a catalogue called 'Country-Club Casual', he'd looked like he'd just been dumpster diving.

"Let's get this over with." - June said boredly as she and Louie got up the couch.

The three then crowded back into the bigish elevator and descended back down to the private parking garage where the Matthew's limo was waiting for them.

----------------

 The manor was quiet since Louie had ran away... again, and while Mrs. Beakley enjoyed silence, she found this one a bit depressing, the family took to coping in different ways: Webby, Huey and Scrooge kept busy, deciding to help around the house or focus on achieving Woodchuck badges, or actually go into work for once.

Dewey chose to ignore that Louie ever existed, referring to Huey as his twin, which wasn't healthy but was better than what Della was doing. The pilot had locked herself in her room, and hadn't come out for days now.

And while Beakley was sympathetic to her, she was confused on why she was taking it so hard, when Louie had ran away the first time, they had all expected him to come crawling back in an hour so, but the hours turned to days, and the days turned to weeks, and the weeks turned to months.

And then he came back, or he was forced back... And things were tense, Louie was a bit of a rebel before he left: Coming and going when he wanted, as well as openly defying Scrooge, Della and her own authority, but now it seemed he was an entirely different person, someone a lot more confident, smart and independent than the teen that disappeared that night. He'd spend his time in the manor isolating himself from the family, exercising and reading, two things the maid would never associate with Louie Duck. 

In hindsight it was obvious what he was doing, the boy had always had an ulterior motive, since childhood he would only work if he got something out of it. He had obviously inherited Scrooge's greed, though he had also inherited his ambition, a deadly combination if Beakley would say so.

But Beakley could no longer stomach moping McDucks, she had already gone through this once before, she couldn't do it a second time. So she was ready to smack some sense into them, figuratively, but if it came to it, literally.

Thanks for reading Ch.24 of 'Destiny!' I know this wasn't the most interesting chapter, it was originally going to be the last chapter before I would say the heist began, but I'm going to put that back another chapter, anyway I hope you comment, vote, follow me and read Ch.25