16. Destiny's Descendant.

*We got to 100+ votes! Thank you!*

 Louie hadn't been expecting this. When Matthew Kovax had entered the Manor, Louie had him begged as some airhead rich kid in over his head, and his meeting with Scrooge had solidified this theory, but the moment Scrooge left the room, his tone had shifted... drastically.

He was powerful. Louie was sure of that, he'd somehow found him, and he had to guess his location wasn't public knowledge. If it was, there would be a lot more people banging on the door of McDuck Manor. 

He also called him by his real name, Gold... Louie hadn't heard anyone call him that since he was imprisoned in the Manor, everyone here refuse to call him anything but Louie Duck. He wanted nothing more to correct everyone, but he knew he couldn't, for the more he fought back, the more attention he would attract, which would make it even harder to escape.

"How do you know who I am?" - Louie asked, suspicious of the orphaned billionaire.

Matthew smugly smiled. - "I've followed you career with great interest, starting with you stealing the Picasso from the Louvre, ending with you imprisoned in Mexico, for trying to steal an ancient prayer scroll."

Louie narrowed his eyes at the dog. 'Following his career?' He was stalking him.

"When I heard you got caught, I had to know why you went after the scroll. I mean, it's not your MO to steal prayer scrolls. You steal: Paintings, Jewels, statues..." - Yep, definitely stalking. - "When I learned the history of the scroll, I had to meet you."

"Why?"

"Why?" - He chuckled. - "I know a lot of people who've went after my ancestor's treasure. Hell, my Father spent his entire life searching for it, yet he came up with nothing, but you... You managed to find the first clue in decades."

"Well I uh..." - He was about to say that he wasn't the one to find the information, but decided against it, instead Louie smirked. - "It wasn't actually that hard." - He gloated, lying through his teeth, cooking up a scheme that could help him escape his family.

"Would you be able to do it again?" 

"What, steal it?"

Matthew nodded at him.

"Well now there are more factors to consider, more guards, more security cameras, more - " - Again he was interrupted.

"Yes or No. Could you steal it again?"

"Yes." - Louie confirmed, confidently.

"Great!" - Matthew beamed, standing up and dusting himself off. - "Your Uncle is probably waiting on me, don't want to disappoint him."

"What am I supposed to do?"

"First thing's first, Mr. Gold, I need you to escape. From there we'll plan our next moves." - He clicked his fingers, June in response to it, tossed him an a old flip-phone. - This will serve as our means of communication until then."

Louie stared at the device. Wondering why the billionaire would give him such an old phone.

"It's harder to trace calls and impossible to hack." - Matthew explained, seemingly reading Louie thoughts. - "Ciao!" - He bid goodbye, closing the den's door behind him.

Louie sat there, alone, contemplating his next steps. Until Scrooge came in to check on him.

"You okay lad?"

"Great, better than great actually."

"Learn anything from the meeting?" 

"I learned a lot." - He said distantly, before getting up and heading to the door. - "Thanks for the opportunity Uncle Scrooge."

---------------

 2 days had passed since Matthew and June's visit, and Louie had spent every waking moment with that phone, he stashed it in his floorboard hiding-spot, when he had to be around the rest of the family, knowing that Della or Mrs. Beakley would confiscate it.

On the 3rd day his phone buzzed. He was doing push ups in the gym when it happened, working out his brewing anxiety, he needed to start his great escape, he couldn't take staying here for much longer, he needed the rush of a con, the thrill of the chase, the excitement of successful caper. He was addicted, and needed his fix.

Wiping the sweat off, he read the message.  - What do you need?

He thought about it carefully, a way out of his anklet was his first thought, without it, he would be constantly shocked, which wouldn't be fun, it would also be harder to make a clean escape, with it tracking him. 

A way out of my anklet - He texted back.

Seconds later he got a response. - No problem. Anything else?

He thought about a way to escape the Manor, but knew that was next to impossible. McDuck Manor was a fortress, with all of it's magical barriers and booby traps, there was no exit. 

He needed a perfect escape, and McDuck Manor was never going to give him the opportunity to do that. Here he had no control. So the escape could not happen in the Manor. But then where would it take place? The only other time he was allowed outside was when he was on an adventure, and an adventure had too many variable that could thwart his escape.

So he needed an McDuck adventure he could control, that was a feat that even he would find challenging. But Louie Gold was one to never shy away from a challenge. He had a snippet of an idea, one which when fully flushed out, could even outwit Scrooge! 

It would take a bit of time to concoct the scheme, as well as take the performance of a lifetime. But when it was done, he would surely be free.

Louie texted his response. - I need you to contact an old friend

Who?

Charlie Coleman. Tell her Louie needs a favour 

Anything else? - Matthew repeated.

Nope, see you in a week.

Shutting his phone, Louie began preparations on his great escape, ready to be back in the real world.

Thanks for reading Ch.16 of 'Destiny!', hope you comment, vote, follow and read Ch.17 -MM