12. Family Adventure Pt.3

Quick Note. - I have noticed a distinct lack of Ducktales stories where Louie is shown as brave, smart or capable, most Ducktales stories have Louie as a crybaby, who needs someone else to save him. I hate that. Which is way i'm asking everyone reading this to write your own story, where Louie is able to hold his own, he doesn't need to be invincible, or a genius, or even be the main character, just make him a decent character. And I ask you to add the Tag of 'BraveLouie' to it so we can find it and read it.

One of the only stories I've read with these characteristics is 'If Only You Knew' by Homo_Togo, but if you know any stories where Louie is smart or skilled, please comment it. Anyway on to the story.

After another 20 minutes of window-shopping in the sleepy town of Perilgro, Louie rejoined the group at the rendezvous point, Webby noticed him first and gushed about his new look. - "Woah! Cool coat Louie."

"Thanks Webby." - Louie said quietly, before moving away from the group and out of the sun, and into the shade of a tree. He sat down and closed his eyes, hoping that the tour guide would get here soon, and he wouldn't have to be on this adventure for long.

He was glad he found the coat, the heat was a lot more bearable in it then his hoodie, which he tied around his waist, he avoided any conversation with the rest of the group, by answering all their prompts with one word answers or just ignoring them.

Finally the tour guide arrived, rolling up in a battered old jeep, was a Blackbird who looked as old as Scrooge, dressed in some flashy wide suit and fedora, while also sporting a silver ball cane. - "Scroogie!" - The man called out theatrically, clasping Scrooge's hand and shaking it up and down energetically. - "It's been too long."

"Kids, meet Sir Arthur Torres, an old friend and a historian, specialising in mythical artifacts. He while be guiding us on this adventure."

"Lovely to meet you all, now if you get into the jeep, we will start the tour." - Louie noticed the small size of the jeep and came to a conclusion.

"Doesn't look big enough to fit all of us... One of us will have to stay back." - He remarked with a smirk.

Sir Torres turned to the jeep. - "Huh, Yes, there are more of you than I was expecting."

"I'll stay."

"No Louie," - Scrooge piped up. "this is your first adventure back. I'll stay."

"I'll stay Mr. McD. I was going to stay anyway." - Launchpad suggested.

"Yes! you stay Launchpad. The rest of you get into the jeep." - Louie cursed under his breath about Launchpad and his generosity, while the others cheered before he slunk into the back of the jeep, watching as Launchpad disappeared into the crowds of Peligro.

---------------

" - And that's the legendary tale of the Sabre of Serendipity." - Sir Torres finished, and everyone clapped, except for Louie, having not listening to the blackbird's legend, having been too busy, zoning out and staring into the jungle.

Della turned to her youngest. - "Great story, Right Lou?"

"What?"

"The legend? It's a good story, right?"

"Huh. Sure." - Louie muttered turning to Sir Torres. - "How much further?"

"Not much now." - Louie nodded, ignoring Della's second attempt at conversation and turning back to stare into the deep depths of the jungle.