10. Family Adventure Pt.1

One thing Louie had never been fond of, was Launchpad's flying skills... or driving skills... or any skills that he possessed, he had flown with some of the most reckless and dangerous pilots in the world for his heists, but Launchpad was on another level of being a bad pilot. Even with Della as his co-pilot, his air escapades had Louie holding on for dear life.

He was also bored, he had listened to every song on his phone at least twice, and the game he was playing was getting repetitive. - "So, what are we looking for?" - He asked.

"Good question lad, it's nice to see you taking an interest in adventuring," - Scrooge replied, taking out a large ancient book. He flipped to a specific page and read aloud. - "According to legend, a young conquistador wielded a Sabre, whi - "

Dewey interrupted. - "What's a sabre?"

"A sabre is a heavy cavalry sword with a curved blade and a single cutting edge or it could be - " - Huey explained.

"It's a sword." - Webby simplified.

Scrooge continued the story. - "Anyway, the sabre is supposed to be blessed with the power of serendipity and - "

"Wait, what does serendipity mean?"

"Serendipity is the occurrence and development of events by chance or in a beneficial way."

"It means good luck."

"Uhhhhh." - Scrooge groaned. While Louie rolled his eyes, nothing had changed: Dewey was still oblivious; Huey was still a know it all; and Webby was still playing peacekeeper. They may haven't have changed, but he sure had.

For a second the plane violently shook back and forth, and Louie dug his hands into the seat's armrests, hoping not to fly out of his seat, it seemed Scrooge was still too cheap to fix the plane's seat belts. - "You enjoying you're first adventure back, Lou?" - Della asked, though Louie was too distracted trying to not fly out of his seat to answer.

"I'm excited Mom!" - Dewey answers.

"I know you are, sweetie."

They hit another patch of turbulence and Louie dug his hands deeper into the leather seats, Louie felt a shiver run up his spine, a skill he'd picked up in the past 2 years, it usually meant something bad was going to happen. Then the plane's lights flickered, oh how he hated it when he was right.

---------------

Louie woke hanging from a tree, high in the air, over a clearing. He was face down with vines wrapped along his legs. - 'The plane must have crashed.' - He thought, attempting to climb down, he managed to pull his feet out of the tangled vines, resulting in him slipping free and falling, he was lucky to only fall a few feet, having his legs getting caught by the vines again.

Instead of trying to untangle himself any further, then falling and letting the vines catch him by his throat... or worse, He decided to wait for someone to find him. He had waited maybe 10 minutes when he heard someone calling his name. - "LOUIE!" - The voice waited a few seconds before repeating itself. - "LOUIE!" - It sounded like Huey.

"Where is he?" - Webby asked.

"The tracker says he should be right here." - Della answered, following the tracker to right below him.

"But where is he?"

"Up here!" - Louie shouted, alerting the rest of the McDuck clan of his location.

Scrooge stared at him in astonishment. - "How did you get up there, lad?"

Louie wanted to shrug, but decided against it, in fear of falling to his doom.

"Don't worry Louie," - Dewey spoke up, rummaging through his bag, he pulled out a boomerang. - "Thanks to Dewey, and his amazing boomerang skills, i'll have you down in no time." - He spun around in circle and threw his boomerang, which resulted in a dizzy Dewey and a boomerang sticking out of the mud.

While Dewey was messing around, Della had scaled the tree and began cutting at the vines that had strung Louie up, eventually only one vine remained. - "Okay, listen to me Louie, i'm going to cut this vine and then i'm going to catch you, okay."

Louie scoffed, she thought he was still that scared little kid he was two years ago. - "Just cut the vine." - She did and threw out her hand for him to grab, instead Louie dived straight down, and grabbed ahold of a tree branch, and used his momentum to catapult himself off the branch and onto the ground, landing so perfectly, that it would make a gymnast jealous.

"Woooooooooo." - Huey, Dewey and Webby exclaimed, staring wide eyed at the teen. - "Where did you learn to do that?" - Webby inquired excitedly.

"While pulling a heist last year, I had to join a circus to get close to the mark... so I masqueraded as a trapeze artist, and I had to learn to do that," - He gestured to the tree branch. - "so I'd get the job." - Louie summarised. - "Now, does anybody know where we are?"

Scrooge cupped his hands and bellowed into the forest. - "LAUNCHPAD!"

The infamous pilot entered the clearing, carrying a piece of the plane's Navigation system in his hands. - "No good, Mr. McD. The GPS is fried."

"What now?" - Della groaned.

At that, Huey pulled out a familiar red and brown book from under his cap, and read aloud - "Junior Woodchuck Guidebook, Rule 841: There's always another way around." - Huey placed the book back to it's spot, and began fashioning a compass from twigs, leaves and dirty puddle water. - "What direction were we heading, Launchpad?"

Launchpad hesitated. - "Uhhh... North!.. South... West?"

"South." - Della corrected.

"Then we should be going... This way!" - Huey commanded, heading in said direction, the rest of the McDuck clan following his lead, while Louie pulled over his hood and followed them into what he knew, was certain doom.

Thanks for reading Ch.10 of 'Destiny!', hope to see you comment, vote and read Ch.11. - MM