17. The Great Escape.

*Check out the fanfic, 'Ducktales: Your own path.' by TheHardie-Boy it's sort of based on this fanfic, but with Louie's journey taking him in a different direction.*

 Scrooge McDuck was positively ecstatic, while he was always happy when he when he was on an adventure, there was something especially exciting about this adventure, and he wasn't the only one to think that... With the exception of Della, everybody was enjoying themselves, even Louie had a small smile on his face. 

Della wasn't smiling, she was a bit annoyed that her plane had given up on her, she had tried to fix the busted mechanics but didn't have enough time. So after calling up every pilot in his address busy and them all telling him they were busy, Scrooge had to put his trust in some pilot-for-hire,  named 'Charlotte Coleman' or something like that.

The plane hit a bit of turbulence, slightly shaking the plane, and knocking around the passengers inside. Instead of the large cargo plane they were used, the plane they were currently were using was a seaplane, which had taken off from Duckberg bay.

While the seaplane (Nicknamed the 'Silver-Bullet' due to it's speed and colouring.) Was no small plane by any feet, it was dwarfed by the larger cargo plane. The spacious seating of said plane was replaced with the 4 seats that had to satisfied the 6 passengers.

"You could've done a barrel role there!" - Della whined, aggravated at the Pilot's impeccable style of flying. 

Charlie looked at the woman like she was crazy. - "I'm not endangering my baby for a few cheap thrills."

"Your baby?" - Huey repeated, adjusting his seating position, in the admittedly small plane.

"My plane. I built it myself from scrap, and I love it like it's my own kid." - She said petting the dashboard like it was a dog.

"Okay..." - Huey spoke, uncomfortable with where the exchange had led them. 

A few awkward moment passed before someone else spoke.

"Hey Uncle Scrooge, what are we even after?" - Dewey asked, bored of staring out the plane's windows.

"I'm glad you asked, my lad." - Scrooge pulled out a large old book from his jacket, blowing off the thin layer of dust that had accumulated on the cover and revealing the torn and bronzed leather cover. 

"We are after the Scherzschatz chest." - he stated opening the book to a specific page. - "Once owned by a wealthy german aristocrat, the cream coloured chest contains some of the most priceless jewels ever lost to time."

"So where are we going? An enchanted forest, filled with evil pixies?" - Webby asked, excitedly.

"Or, an underground complex, containing numerous puzzles? - Hey continued.

"Ooh! What about a collapsing temple, with a monster army we have to fight!" - Dewey finished.

"Didn't we just go to a collapsing temple with a monster army we have to fight?" - Louie asked sceptically.

"Yeah, but wouldn't it be cool to do it again?"

"Cool isn't the word I'd use." 

"What would your dream adventure be then Louie?" - Webby inquired.

Louie pondered the question, he could easily say that it was hard rock candy mountain. But that could bring some old feelings to the surface and he didn't need that, especially today. Instead... "A private island, undisturbed by people. With golden sands and a cloudless sky. No danger, no puzzles, just a buried treasure chest." 

Silence followed his description, then a chorus of boo's and 'Sounds boring' echoed through the small seaplane. Louie took it in stride though, smiling through all the discouragement and dejection.

"Another patch of turbulence comin' up!" - Charlie shouted into the cabin.

While everyone else groaned, Louie suppressed a smile, he checked his watch, he only had to wait one more hour. Everything was going as planned.

---------------

 "Uhh..." - Dewey boredly cried. - "Mom, why haven't we landed yet." - He whined.

"We're just having a bit of trouble, sweetie. Damn amateur pilot." - She mumbled under her breath.

"I heard that." - Charlie barked from the cockpit.

Checking his watch again, Louie was knew it was now or never. Slipping his hands from his pockets, and to the seat cover, he began slowly picking at the cover's stitching, soon enough he had created a gap large enough for him to stick his hand into.

Feeling around in the pocket he had made, Louie found his prize in the form of a plastic keycard. Subtly sliding the card out of the chair and into his palm, he launched his ploy.

Webby was the first to notice Louie had unbuckled his seatbelt. She slyly watched as he pushed himself out of the seat and stretched. She didn't think twice about him getting up, his legs were probably getting a bit stiff, come to think about it her legs were also getting a bit stiff, maybe she would join him.

"Hey! Where are you two going?" - Asked Donald, who was for the first time wasn't holding on for deal life during flight, and instead was watching Louie and Webby move to the tail end of the plane.

"We're just stretching our legs, Uncle Donald." - Louie answered. - "We probably won't be landing for ages." 

"We'll join you." - Huey exclaimed, him and Dewey unclipping their seat-belts, simultaneously.

"No... No more than two in the tail end of the plane while it's in motion." - Charlie interjected.

The two passed through the curtain barrier, and into the tail end of the plane, which was mostly a small cargo hold with an emergency door, the two immediately began abusing the space that they didn't have in their seats.

Unfortunately for Louie his plane was coming some what unraveled due to Webby's presence, he had to work with what he had though, but it would look suspicious if he just started to fiddle with his ankle-monitor. 

"Hey look Webby a rainbow!" - Louie said excitedly, pointing out the small window over her shoulder.

"Where?" - It was almost too easy. - "Hey Louie I don't see a rainbow, can you point it - "

She stopped when she saw what Louie was doing. In the second she'd turned away, Louie had thrown a parachute on, opened the emergency exit, and had the keycard ready to be swiped.

"Louie - " - The words died in her throat.

"Sorry Webbs." - Louie stated, dropping out of the airplane and through the clouds.

Thanks for reading Ch.17 of 'Destiny!', how Louie's escape came to be will be explained in the next chapter, anyway... I hope you comment, vote, follow and read Ch.18 -MM