25. An Old Friend.

*So Ducktales is ending! (Which is incredibly sad since I think there's so much more that needs to happen until it can wrap up smoothly) But do not be afraid, for I will continue to write this story until it is finished, and after that I will write more Ducktales stories. In other news we have unfortunately fallen from the #1 Ducktales ranked story after about maybe 2-2.5 months, let's see if we can get back up there!*

 Amelia Morris had what some would call... an interesting childhood. Born into Clan Morris, a family of great criminal renown, she quickly became the black sheep of the family when she showed little interest in heisting and forging. Falling behind in all of her classes at the local Private Crime School, she soon further isolated herself from her family when she showed an interest in machinery, a skill usually reserved for lowly henchmen. After embarrassing her family one too many times, she was sent her to a reform school in Manchester.

There, her interest in the subject developed as much as her skills, she quickly became the top of her class and made a few friends, including the business-savvy Tommy Sheldon who introduced her to the intimidating Lucy, and the charming Louie Gold. 

The four were ironically, as thick as thieves, so it was upsetting when they had heard Louie had been caught by Interpol trying to swipe a prayer scroll from a Mexican museum. The other three had spent months scouring records from every known and even a few unknown prisons in an attempt to locate their fourth member, only to wind up failing their mission.

Soon they were so low on funds, they could no longer keep their search going. They could only hope that Louie would be able to escape on his own and would call them if he needed help.

It had been two months though, and though every day the group's hope dwindled, they knew their friend would return one day, but until then, they couldn't just pause their lives. Tommy went back to operating as a fence, Lucy kept working as hired muscle to anyone who payed enough, and she kept tinkering.

She was working on a prototype invisibility suit in her New York workshop when her phone's alarm went off, setting down the soldering-iron she was working with, Amelia snatched her phone from her pocket she saw that the alarm was an alert from her workshops security system, warning her of trespassers on her territory.

Switching to her security-cam app, she flicked through the screens until she found what she was looking for. There was a silver limousine parked in the alley where the workshop's main entrance was situated, this was strange, as the workshop was a well kept secret, sometimes people would come around, but either they were trusted allies or randoms who had gotten lost, but the two who had just stepped out of the limo, were neither.

Enabling the audio feature, Amelia listened to the two figures poking around her base of operations. - "Why did we come here again?" - The first figure asked. Amelia determined the figure was female, late 20's and most likely from North-possibly North-Western America.

"Because he said he needed to come here, before we could find the treasure." - The second figure responded. The figure was male, also late 20's but from Europe more specifically England.

Listening closer she could hear a third voice, it was muffled so she couldn't hear much, but she did know it sounded familiar, she also guessed that this was the third person the other two were talking about. This whole situation felt weird to her, why were these random people on her property and why were they talking about treasure.

She was getting to the bottom of this here and now. Marching down the stairs, she grabbed the sonic-rifle she'd built and stored in the umbrella stand and kicked open the front door.

"WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT?" - Amelia screamed at the intruder, her aim shifting between the two who were standing outside.

The two didn't look scared or worried at all, the man looked smug, while the women looked ready, raring to go if Amelia tried anything.

"You were right," - The man said in a joking fashion. - "She did bring out the shock rifle."

"I knew it!" - The third voice rang out, a voice very familiar to Amelia. - "You always kept that in the umbrella holder, just ready to use on an intruder!"- Another person exited the limo, dressed in every piece of clothing you could find in a New York tourist shop, but behind the cheap lady liberty glasses, and under the I-heart-NYC hat she could recognise one of her closest friends.

"Louie?"

---------------

"Where were you?" - Amelia asked, worry seeping into her tone. - "I remember being on comms with you and then you went offline, An hour later I hear from informants that Interpol got you. And now, nearly two months later you show up at my workshop with these stranger. What happened?"

Louie kept his eyes focused on the ground while he spoke. - "Look Amelia, there is so much I'd like to tell you, but at the moment I can't, we have more pressing matters at hand. After we resolve this I'll tell you and Tommy and Lucy everything okay?"

There was a brief pause before Amelia responded. - "Okay." - Her voice was tired but accepted Louie's choice, as while he was the best liar she'd ever met, he was also one of the most honest and loyal people she'd ever met. - "So what are we dealing with?"

"This," - Louie motioned to Matthew. - "Is-"

"Matthew Kovax, CEO of Kovax Enterprises." - Amelia said blankly, before all the pieces clicked. Her head snapped in Matthew's direction. - "You want the treasure."

Matthew chuckled. - "No... No, I don't want the treasure." - Matthew sighed. - "I want my ancestors journal."

Louie looked sceptical. - "His journal? Why do you want that?"

"Personal reasons."

The four sat in silence for a few minutes, no one knowing what to say next. That is until June who had been quiet during the initial conversation spoke.

"So... When do we start?" - The other three gave her strange looks. - "What? We each get something out of it. You two." - She pointed to Louie and Amelia. - "Get the treasure. You." - She pointed to Matthew. - "Get the journal."

"What about you?" - Louie asked her.

"Me? I get paid." - She responded, crossing her arms over her chest. - "So I'll ask again. When do we start?"

Thanks for reading Ch.25 of 'Destiny!' I know a lot of you would probably wanted the McDuck chapter I teased at the end of Ch.24, but I felt that I needed to set this up first, you'll get that chapter/a heist prep next time. Anyway... i hope you comment, vote, follow me and read Ch.26 -MM