32. Confrontation.

*3 followers off 50!*

 The St. Canard museum of history was nothing special in Louie's opinion. Over the past 2 years, the teenager had developed a keen interest in history, geography, cartography, languages and a whole range of other topics which his family had tired to pressure him into liking, (He did end up discovering a passion for them but through independent studying and focusing on the parts of them that captivated him.) and he'd been all over the world, so he'd seen a fare few museums, most which were leaps and bounds better than this one.

But he wasn't here to judge the layout or architecture. He was here to steal the next clue that would eventual lead him to Kovax's treasure, according to Amelia and her research, the next piece of the puzzle was hidden in the handle of the pirate Captain's cutlass, which was being displayed in the ancient weaponry exhibit.

Thankfully this museum's security was much more lax than the one he ended up being caught in in Mexico. But to be fair, he'd only been caught due to GRIMLOCK and Interpol's interference, but that was then, and now? He'd not only bested Victor Grim but it seems he'd seemingly sent Agent Bernard running for the hills, not having heard from her in some time.

Slipping by another guard, Louie entered into a large hall decorated with blades of varying sharpness, unloaded cannons and one rebuilt trebuchet. On one side of the room was a series of mannequins sitting on a raised platform, each depicting a different point in history, there was a Medieval archer, a Roman Soldier, even a Viking. But the one that caught Louie's eye was the one dressed like a Pirate.

Stepping up onto the platform, Louie began examining the sword in the Pirate Mannequin's hand, it was exceedingly sharp, with a leather wrapped handle and had a skull-and-bones insignia engraved into the pommel.

This was it. This was Kovax's cutlass!

Plucking it from the wooden hand, Louie held the sword up to the light, watching as light reflected off the polished metal. - "Easy as pie!" - He laughed.

Click!

The sword was ripped from Louie's hand. - "Why'd I have to go and jinx it like that?" - He muttered.

"Y'know it's illegal to be in the museum after closing." - A female voice quipped.

Louie slowly turned around. He expected to come face-to-face with a security guard, or maybe a police officer. Not... whatever this was.

"And it's also not halloween."

The young women had tanned feathers and red hair, which was tied back  wore a purple-coloured hoodie, utility belt and domino-mask. With light-weight yellow body armour over the hoodie. A large 'Q' was spray-painted on the main tunic piece. She was also wielding a crossbow in her left hand, the sword in her right.

"Who are you supposed to be anyway?"

"I'm Quiverwing-Quack!" - The super-heroine remarked, posing confidently.

"So what you're some type of GizmoDuck knockoff?"

"I"m better than GizmoDuck!"

"Well good for you." - He said in the most sarcastic way possible. - "But I'm on a strict timetable, so just hand over the sword and I'll lave."

"You're not going anywhere!"

"Yeah... that would have be intimidating if you weren't a foot shorter than me."

"I'm not a foot shorter than you!" - She stomped.

"Whatever you say half-pint..." - Louie dropped from the raised platform, placing his hands in his jacket's pockets as he advanced masked heroine.