28. The Scroll.

*I just wanted to say thank you for all the positive messages on the previous chapter, Spider-Duck will be coming some time in the future, but right now I'm going to just focus on 'Destiny', I also want to thank everyone who has began following me because of this story, I'm now at 35 followers. Finally, I want to repeat something I mentioned in one of the earlier chapters, I created a tag called 'BraveLouie' so we can find stories where Louie is shown as clever or competent, I want to see more stories with this tag, as at the moment there's only 3. Anyway on to the story.*

 Matthew Kovax sat in the back of his limo, reading the text Louie had sent that morning over and over again. Be at Amelia's workshop 1pm sharp! Before that he hadn't heard from the thief for at least two days... The last he saw him was when the two of them and June flew to Mexico on his private jet, they had separated the moment they got out of the airport, Louie went off to begin heist prep and he and June went off to establish an alibi like he was instructed.

He knew that Louie was off stealing the scroll, but every hour he didn't hear for him, Matthew got more paranoid. The message did calm him for a while, but then his paranoia came back in full force. They didn't even tell him how he was planning to steal the damn thing, how was sure they weren't going to double cross him? Possibly sell him out to the police, be the fall-guy for their criminal exploits.

'Why didn't he mention the scroll?' - Was the only thought going through his head, his knee bouncing unconsciously. The moment the car arrived at the location, Matthew swiftly exited the vehicle and stormed up to the door, with June following quietly behind.

"GOLD!" - He bellowed while continuously slamming his fist into the metal door. - "ARE YOU IN THERE?"

The door swung open, revealing a figure who neither of the two knew, the guy stuck his hand and tried to introduce himself, only for Matthew to push past him into the workshop.

"GOLD! GOLD! WHERE ARE YOU?" - He shouted, stomping through the workshop until his screams were being drowned out by a loud mechanical-buzzing sound. - "What's with all the noise?" - He asked, grabbing the Louie's mystery comrade.

"Oh that's the mega-drill!"

"Mega-Drill?" - Matthew repeated slowly.

The guy chuckled awkwardly and rubbed the back of his next. - "I'm guessing Lou hasn't told you everything yet."

Matthew reclaimed his grip on the man's shirt. - "What do you mean everything?"

"It's easier if I just show you." - He said, prying the fingers off his shirt one-by-one until he was free, after that, he led the two other teens over to a door, which seemed to be the originating point of the 'mega-drill' noise.

Opening the door, Matthew was shocked at what he saw, the room was a sort of garage, with tool shelves of varying sizes lining the walls, in the centre of the room was a silver-and-gold coloured van covered in Grimlock tags. Someone stood on top of the van, wearing a welding mask and wielding the biggest drill he'd ever scene.

"What is this?" - He shouted, watching as the the drill operator shut 

"This..." - Louie answered, appearing from behind the van. - "Is the plan."

"Is that one of Victor Grim's vehicles?"

"Yep, we stole it with right from the convey using a ginormous magnet! Then we transported it in a bigger truck fitted with signal-blockers to prevent Grim from tracking it. Pretty good plan right?" - He grinned.

Matthew calmed at Louie confidence. - "Indeed." - He placed his palms agains the cold-metal exterior of the van. - "Let me guess... the scroll's inside the van?"