It's Her

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Fred Weasley ┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"So alone in love like the world had disappearedI won't be silent and I won't let goI will hold on tighter 'til the afterglowAnd we'll burn so bright 'til the darkness softly clears"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Fred Weasley
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"So alone in love like the world had disappeared
I won't be silent and I won't let go
I will hold on tighter 'til the afterglow
And we'll burn so bright 'til the darkness softly clears"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Morning broke, the sun streaming in through the gap in the tent door, announcing it as our first week in the woods.

I turned over in Nezz and I's small bed to see that the spot where she'd been was empty. I patted the space and shivered from the cold it radiated; sitting up I scanned the tent for her and only saw Hermione sat at the table with my brother.

They were chatting together. Hermione laughing at something Ron had said whilst his cheeks burned crimson from pride, she pushed a flask over to him and urged him to drink more.

"Fred!" Hermione smiled, "you're awake" she remarked, getting up from the table and pouring me a cup of whatever was in the metallic flask.

"Thanks" I murmured sleepily, "where's Nezz?" I asked, taking a sip from what turned out to be tea-Hermione really was prepared.

"She's outside with Harry, they've been working on that locket since dawn" she sighed.

I nodded to myself knowing how determined Harry and Nezz were to destroy the horcrux so they could hunt down the next one. They both wanted to be able to eliminate the threat that Voldemort posed to...well the world. Sometimes though, I knew that they both forgot to have fun once in a while. They were both so wrapped in seriousness with the weight of the world on their shoulders that I felt they needed a break.

"How you feeling Ron?" I ruffled his hair gently but still with a light, teasing grin.

"Okay, thought I was gonna die though" he gulped dramatically and I rolled my eyes at him.

I emerged from the tent door and into the forest.

It was a beautiful day. Sun poured through the trees, the leaves interrupting the streaks of gold so that tiger-skins of light were reflected onto my face. Everything was greener than a week ago when we'd arrived. Summer was settling in nicely and I could feel it's warmth blanketing me-so warm that I shrugged off my jacket.

I spotted Nezz and Harry further down the bank, right next to a stream of blueish-grey water.

Harry's brows were furrowed in concentration and his whipped off his glasses to rub his eyes in what looked like frustration. The bruise on his cheek from our rocky landing here had almost healed and was now a pale yellow. He leered beside Nezz, wrapping an arm around her to kiss her cheek comfortingly.