The Final Task

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black ┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"So help my lifeless frame to breatheAnd God knows, I'm not dying but I breathe now"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"So help my lifeless frame to breathe
And God knows,
I'm not dying but I breathe now"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

The day of the final task was here.

I'd said goodbye to Sirius the day before, feeling invigorated by his pride in me.

I held hands with Harry and Cedric as the three of us walked into the middle of the grass where stands of people circled around us; the Weasley's were all stood with Hermione and Remus-cheering us on.

"Promise me, no matter what happens, you'll both make it out okay?" I croaked feeling the nerves creep up on me.

"I promise Nerezza, everything will be okay" Cedric said warmly, "baffling to think one of us may walk out of that maze a tri-wizard champion" Cedric hummed longingly.

"You both deserve it" I praised.

"So do you Nerezza" Cedric replied, giving me a quick hug before he walked off next to his father.

"Nerezza" Harry began, "when we enter the maze, we could meet up and find each other. We could get through this together" Harry depicted.

"That's a great idea, Harry! Would you be okay with me speaking into your mind? So I can find you" I asked not knowing how comfortable he'd be with letting me inside his brain.

His brows furrowed together making his glasses shift on his face.

"I trust you" he smiled.

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory..." Dumbledore began to explain but roars of cheers cut him off at Cedric's name.

Cedric beamed my way and I returned the jovial smile.

"Good luck, Nerezza. I hope you win" Cedric winked.

"And Miss Black" Dumbledore continued but again was cut off by people cheering for me, " are tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum..." Dumbledore explained.

"The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round" Dumbledore instructed.