If We Had More Moments

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Harry Potter┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"It feels like the endIt feels like the endDarkness swallows a dying starMakes no difference what you're running fromThe voices follow you"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Harry Potter
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"It feels like the end
It feels like the end
Darkness swallows a dying star
Makes no difference what you're running from
The voices follow you"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Remus was dead.

Nerezza had taken off in a sprint, staggering once she'd reached Remus's body.

I was still frozen.

The man we'd all come to know as our surrogate father, was lay before us just like Draco, just like Sirius...Remus had always felt so permanent; his wisdom made him seem like he'd simply live forever, the thought of him dying had never even occurred to me. However, now that I was sat staring at his corpse, I felt inherently stupid.

I felt broken.

Remus's hand was outstretched, limp on the ground as of reaching for someone.

Nerezza dropped to the floor beside him and if I had to describe grief to someone who'd never experienced or seen it before, I think Nerezza's face would be the one thing I'd use to convey its clawing, wretched sadness.

Her eyes were wide with shock, glazed over with a shield of unshed tears, her mouth agape and quivering with the sobs that couldn't heave themselves from her body. She shook terribly, breaths that escaped her lips turned into loud, unintelligible groans.

Then, she released her grieving cry.

It wracked her body, causing her to keel over Remus's body, her back arched over him. She dug her fingers into her face, dragging them down her throat as she let out a hoarse, piercing scream that made me sink to my knees.

Fred had appeared from the wall, too immersed in the scene before him to care about hiding.

His face was crumbling with devastation as he watched his wife screaming in agony on the floor, begging for her Father to be brought back...the memory so clear in his head of Sirius's death.

Another green ripple swept towards Nerezza.

Except this time, her hand flew up a wall of scarlet that absorbed the spell as if it were nothing. Nerezza moved her head slowly so that her eyes were piercing through Voldemort; her tears had stopped and the look of grief in her eyes had been shadowed by a dark, rage filled glaze.

She wanted revenge.

I took my chance and bolted towards Fred, I grappled the collar of his turtleneck and pulled us both behind the wall he'd been hiding behind. Immediately, we both peered round it to look at Nerezza and Voldemort.