Lucky Is The One Who Gets To Leave

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"I let go of my claim on you, it's a free worldYou look down on where you came from sometimesBut you'll have this place to call home, always"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"I let go of my claim on you,
it's a free world
You look down on where you
came from sometimes
But you'll have this place to call home,
always"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Bellatrix had finished interrogating the Goblin from Gringotts and had ended it by slashing at his cheek with her knife.

The knife that was already stained with Hermione and I's blood.

I was lay on the floor still, my blood puddling beneath me, leaking down the steps to the cellar where Fred, Harry and Ron would have to see my crimson blood. Where they'd probably be able to see my unmoving body.

The boys had been quieter than when Hermione and I were being tortured. Oddly quiet. I wanted to turn my head and look for them but I just didn't have the strength to; my arm was throbbing with the force of a beating heart. My fingertips were mauve coloured from the blood loss.

Draco, Narcissa and Lucius had re-entered the room a couple minutes ago maybe? I wasn't sure, time was stretching in strange, uneven lurches.

Draco's eyes were shimmering with tears, he tapped his foot to keep from crying and he refused to look at Hermione or me. I knew now. He was like my Father. Trapped in a life he didn't want but didn't know there was another way, he didn't have a choice.

After a few minutes of Bellatrix finishing with the goblin, Draco had finally brought himself to look at me.

I parted my lips to mouth something to him and after a moment of debating what I should say to the boy without a choice, I settled on a simple sentence which I don't think anyone had said to him before. At least not in a comforting of reassuring way.

'Its okay' I mouthed.

His eyes flickered with sadness and in return he gave me a couple small nods.

"Consider yourself lucky, goblin" Bellatrix told him, as if it were a privilege that she'd let him live, "The same won't be said for these two" Bellatrix muttered, lingering by Hermione.

"Like hell" I heard someone whisper from behind me.

"Expellliarmus!" Someone exclaimed and before I could blink, Ron had leapt over my body.

Bellatrix's wand flew from her hand and clattered to the floor. Harry and Fred stood in a line, standing strong and looking like the angels of revenge. A small smile graced my face at the thought of how we were being saved!

Lucius unsheathed his wand but Harry was too quick for him.

"Stupefy!" He yelled and Lucius was launched back into the armchair by the fireplace, knocking it over and becoming unconscious.