Escape From Azkaban

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Nerezza Lupin-Black┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"Just put down the bottleDon't listen to what you've consumedIt's chaos, confusion"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Nerezza Lupin-Black
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"Just put down the bottle
Don't listen to what you've consumed
It's chaos, confusion"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It was the day before we went back to Hogwarts.

Everyone was sound asleep. Fred's nose was cocooned into the crook of my neck as he cuddled me from behind and slept. George snored loudly in the bed beside us in my room and Harry seemed to be sleeping soundly for once.

I was restless again. Feeling my powers aching to be used, twitching in annoyance at how I kept them so concealed and suppressed.

Carefully, I slipped from the bed and went downstairs. The moon was full, meaning Remus was far away for his transformation so I couldn't go and talk to him. I went down another flight of stairs to where my Father was still awake, sat at the dining table, flipping through a photo album.

I wrapped my arms around him from behind, leaning my chin on his shoulder.

"What are you doing awake, my dear?" He chuckled lowly, trying to be quiet in the silence of the night.

"Can't sleep" I replied simply.

"Thinking about that dream still?" He guessed.

"Dad, when I was-when I saw Mr. Weasley attacked, I wasn't just watching. I was the snake, or rather Harry and I were the snake." I began, "and afterwards, in Dumbledore's office there was a moment when I wanted to..." I stopped myself from finishing that thought.

Sirius pulled out the chair beside him and I sat down. He slid me a glass of firewhiskey with a smirk before letting me carry on.

"This connection between me and Voldemort. What if the reason for it is that I am becoming exactly what he wants me to be? I just feel so angry all the time. I feel my powers aching to be used to...to hurt someone. What if I'm becoming bad?" I whimpered unintentionally,

"I want you to listen to me very carefully, little Fox." Sirius grabbed my hands with his and turned to face me. "You're not a bad person." He stated.

"But all I hear is that I'm bad. That I'm dangerous. I'm so scared that I'm going to hurt somebody. Somebody I love-like you or Remus or Fred" I sniffled meekly.

"You're a very good person who bad things have happened to. You understand?" I nodded weakly and he placed a hand on my scarred cheek, "Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside of us." He conceded.