I Love You and I Let You Go

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Fred Weasley┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"And, I built a homeFor you, For meUntil it disappearedFrom me, From youAnd now, it's time to leave and turn to dust"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Fred Weasley
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"And, I built a home
For you, For me
Until it disappeared
From me, From you
And now, it's time to leave and turn to dust"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"NO!" I roared violently as Lucius fired the green coloured spell at Nerezza.

She went to turn around but she was tossed to the ground by someone with striking white hair.

"Oh my god" Ginny breathed in shock.

Draco lay on the floor.

He had a burning hole through his chest, smoking black a dripping with red liquid, he lay there groaning in fear and pain. Lucius let out a shuddering breath once he'd realised who'd he hit. Nezz pushed herself off the floor and spotted Draco; she skidded on her knees to the bleach haired boy.

"Draco" Hermione trembled sadly.

George, Harry, Ron, Hermione and I all gathered round just a few steps from where Nezz cradled Draco's head in her lap.

The boy groaned in pain with every movement-his chest no longer rose with every breath he took but it gave up rather.

"No, no, no, Draco" Nezz shook her head in denial, "you-you're gonna be okay" she sniffed up her tears and grabbed his weak hand.

"Nerezza" Draco whispered, "did I-did I do the right thing?" He asked her with shimmering, ghostly eyes.

Nezz's lip quivered with her pouring tears as she nodded.

"Yeah, you did. You did the right thing, you can go now. You can go" she cried with every word. The corner of Draco's mouth upturned in a content smile, "you did so good, honey" she soothed him, stroking down his bloodied hair.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" he stuttered blindly, wanting to thank her in such a short time without knowing how.

His hand went limp in hers and his eyes spaced to the ceiling.

Nezz let out a single, broken sob when the boy finally stopped breathing to rest.

Draco Malfoy may have lived half a life as a death eater, he may have lived half a life as a bully to my friend but in the end...he'd been a friend, he'd been family and he'd died a hero. He died knowing that he did the right thing, he chose the right side and we'd always-always-remember him that way.

Hermione turned into Ron's chest to cry, he held her tight and sniffled his own tears. Harry dug his teeth into his lips as he watched his sister cry over another death. Harry stroked Hermione's shoulder to comfort her, George hung his head in grief whilst I walked over to my grieving wife.